• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Tinsel

Do rabbits eat hydrangeas?

I know they're poisonous, but do rabbits ignore them if they have loads of grass available? :wave:
  2. Tinsel

Help urgently needed in health re hand-rearing young kit....

Anyone? :wave: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?441206-Fostering-few-day-old-baby-need-help-with-feeding-and-weeing
  3. Tinsel

Free second hand 8 x 10 shed in Essex, GONE!

Would anyone be interested in this later in the summer? You'd have to be able to dismantle it and remove. It's slightly elderly but could last for years more and could easily be smartened up. First come first served. :wave:
  4. Tinsel

Any differences in symptoms between kidney disease and UTI?

As in title :wave:
  5. Tinsel

Is it possible to dismantle a shed?

It's elderly but definitely usable and would be free to anyone who would collect, preferably a charity or just to give some bun/s a better home. It seems a shame just to destroy it. What do people think? :wave: (NB Am based in Essex)
  6. Tinsel

Mites treatment - helps with fly strike? UD Beaphar any better?

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/rabbit-supplies-rabbit-mite-treatments-c-649_418/xenex-ultra-spot-on-p-1104 has any one seen/used this? It's a lot cheaper than the mites treatment I used before, plus it kills fly-strike flies.. Any thoughts/experiences? :wave:
  7. Tinsel

Is it possible to test for arthritis?

As title really? :wave:
  8. Tinsel

Arthritis treatment

Is there any treatment for arthritis that does not need to be administered daily or every other day? Obviously I will discuss this with my vet, but want to go armed with options... :wave:
  9. Tinsel

Hydrangea is in a burrow :( Sad update

She has hidden for the last few hours in a really long burrow and won't come out - I can't even see her. I assume she must be ill as the others are all out grazing but am worried it's even worse. Have tried digging down but the ground is like concrete and I'm worried I'll injure her if the spade...
  10. Tinsel

Sore hocks

Poor Elf has been holding his front feet up and sure enough I checked and all four paws seem to be painful/affected (slightly red/less fur/one infected-looking). Inevitably, he's a mini-rex. I suspect arthritis too as his fur seems ungroomed so have given metacam and am waiting for vet to ring...
  11. Tinsel

Reported rabbit - what will the RSPCA do?

Saw a rabbit in a tiny hutch/no hay/muesli food/loads of droppings. Reported it and was told they'll pass it on to the relevant officer, but no info about what they would do or when. Does anyone know if they would act in a case like this? Poor bun. :(
  12. Tinsel

What is emperid, exactly?

And how does it work? Fairytale has been given it for EC. :wave:
  13. Tinsel

I am SO shocked..... BARC bunny leads Honeybunny astray

A while ago I adoped two rescue rabbits, Pascal from BARC and Falcon from Honeybunnies. Initially Falcon, who had spent about 5 years in a cat carrier :evil:, was a very well-behaved, compliant little boy, who was very good about going back to his hutch at night. Pascal, who was picked up as a...
  14. Tinsel

Star....

For the dearest, most energetic...... most fearless..... most handsome...... most beloved dog EVER, in the whole world. RIP my one and only Star. :love: :cry: :love:
  15. Tinsel

Abscess on/in nose - Mulberry update

After Mulberry's long battle with myxi last September she was left with permanent snuffles so has been on depocillin every three days ever since. It struck me, though, that what is coming out of her nose now seems to be pus rather than discharge, because of how it smells :mrgreen: and also it...
  16. Tinsel

Needle question

Would these be okay for depocillin injections? :wave: http://www.medisave.co.uk/terumo-neolus-needles-orange-25g-x-58-inch-per-100-p-1323.html I've always had green ones in the past so not sure... :?
  17. Tinsel

Vaccination query

Mulberry seems to have hit a plateau in her recovery from nodular myxi (she had it in September). She's eating well, going outside, grooming, happy, behaving normally with her partner and vice versa, her fur has regrown etc. But her weight is still quite low (hovers between 2.1 and 2.4kg; used...
  18. Tinsel

Age/whiskers query

Just wondered if there's any consensus about when a bun's fur around its muzzle starts to turn white. Because Pascale was a stray we don't know his exact age. The guestimate we got puts him at two, but I noticed he now has white fur coming through around his whiskers, so wonder if he's actually...
  19. Tinsel

Pets a-smiling!

Come on, let's see them! Here's Sabre to start us off.....
  20. Tinsel

Rabbit with bald patches

Does anyone know what causes these? :? Ever since her myxi Mulberry seems to have less fur, and underneath in particular there are patches where she seems bald or the fur is very thin compared to the rest of her. She doesn't seem to be overgrooming - it's as if it just isn't growing there - any...
Back