• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

blocking off a 7ft space

Build someting self supporting out of timber
  2. S

blocking off a 7ft space

You'll need some mesh fencing, at least 4ft tall. The trouble is finding it with the small holes required, most of the stuff in DIY shops has holes that rabbits can squeeze through, so you'll probably have to order it online. This sort of thing...
  3. S

Adopted Senior Bun

I would recommend keeping a schedule. Pick him up at the same time every day, during a quiet time. And when you put him back down, give him a treat. If it's predictable they sometimes cope better.
  4. S

How can I release 3 wild 400g bunnies safely into a field and wood?

You can't. Wild rabbits die, very young. The only way to keep them safe is in your garden.
  5. S

Do your rabbits have access to the stairs?

Rabbits generally cope very well with staircases, if they can see well. If they are lop eared, you should supervise them to begin with. Tried to adopt a lop eared rabbit to partner one of the girls, he was very confident but did slip a bit when going down the stairs. Up eared rabbits were fine...
  6. S

Snuggle safe

Are they licking the plastic bit or the fabric cover? What was happening at the time? Were you stroking them, or were they licking each other?
  7. S

don't know which area to put this in lol

Rabbits will not wear socks or shoes, they will get freaked out by them and chew them off straight away. Why do you want to go on walks with your rabbit? This is not a good idea for most rabbits. If they see something scary they will freak out, bolt, get tangled up in the harness and probably...
  8. S

Orphaned Leveret Returns to Visit the Family who Hand Reared Her

Can't believe they'd let her out into the wild o_O Why can't they just make their garden a permanent safe home
  9. S

Bunnies behaving differently?

Not eating so keenly is definitely reason to go to the vets
  10. S

Can bunnies chew pvc edging?

They can chew it, certainly. They are very unlikely to eat it. You might find it works. I've used PVC cornering to stop bunnies chewing the edges around the window.
  11. S

Slight head tilt

Yes, if he is doing that more than once, it is certainly something that you need to get checked out at the vets.
  12. S

Cecal dysbiosis made worse by hay only diet

How long has he been on the hay only diet? I guess you have tried some pre/pro-biotics like fibreplex
  13. S

Dog and rabbit

Honestly, I wouldn't. They don't speak the same language. A playful dog can really upset or injur a rabbit without meaning to
  14. S

Abscess on digestive tract - very poorly rabbit

Sorry about blossom. What a pretty girl
  15. S

Lillly Poo Problems - Loads of photos

thank you all
  16. S

Lillly Poo Problems - Loads of photos

Thanks for all your replies. She had a mass, probably a tumour, deteriorated quickly before an operation could be arranged, and was put down yesterday.
  17. S

Rabbit vets that would consult with o/s vets?

If the vet practice is a member of RWAF then they are entitled to contact Richard Saunders through the RWAF for advice
  18. S

Cold ears, hiding in corners & not eaten 😣

Sounds like you need to see the vet. I wouldn't worry too much about ear temperatures though, it's only the body temperature that matters.
  19. S

I found a scar on my bunny

Yes, looks like a bit of a bite. Keep an eye on it to make sure it stays clean. Don't let him get it dirty. Keep a close eye on them to make sure they're not fighting
Back