• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. D

Tail flicking

should add alfie's castrated. he used to do it when he had a girlfriend? he's just acting weird!!!!!
  2. D

Tail flicking

Hi all, my bunny Alfie is 6 years old and only has one kidney. the last few days he has become very fussy with his food. I have noticed today he's doing alot of tail flicking? poo and wee is also fine. any ideas?
  3. D

Alfie - running out of ideas....

Hope you've been following my topic recently about him having a kidney removed. All was going well until last night and he seemed to be really down. No better today either, he was eating well and today he had hardly anything.....I can't seem to tempt him with any of his fave foods or treats...
  4. D

The RU Spring Fever Photo Thread

aw this reminds me of when I had Alfie's wife Tamzin!
  5. D

Alfie - he now has just one kidney U/D

Hi, thanks for your kind words. What food does she have? x
  6. D

according to my vet they didn't have to touch anything else, just removed the kidney. sorry to hear your bun didn't make it but sounds like you made the right choice and had another happy 9 months!! alfie is 6 at the moment and has always been fit and healthy :)
  7. D

cool thanks - i won't have any vaccinations done from now on already been discussed. How long did your bun live for?
  8. D

Last Tuesday my lovely little Alfie got really sick, it was like he couldn't open his mouth to eat but was really hungry. I'm lucky that I work at a vets and was able to meet my vet at the practice at 10pm. Our initial thought was that he had tooth problems but after inspection his teeth were...
  9. D

Xenex WARNING

Well I had a VERY scary experience last night. I had decided to try Xenex Spot On treatment which is made by Genitrix as Alfie is not keen on been picked up and messed about with, Rearguard has always been a pain to apply. Stupid me though i'll do it before bedtime to make sure he's ok...
  10. D

Change in Alfies Taste Buds-feedback please worried

hay sorry the links refer to hay. He has unlimited amounts of hay 24/7.
  11. D

Change in Alfies Taste Buds-feedback please worried

Since Christmas we have fed either : http://www.burgesspetcare.co.uk/products/rabbit/burgess-excel-herbage.html or http://www.burgesspetcare.co.uk/products/rabbit/burgess-excel---excel-fresh-forage.html We bought it when Tamzin was poorly and as they both loved it decided to keep Alfie on this...
  12. D

Lost 1 of my bunnys yesterday :(

As you know I'm going through the same thing at the moment, god does it hurt. It is a shame that people don't recognize that rabbits are our cats and dogs as they are to them. Im still doin all the what if's too but I'm hoping it will get easier. The strength from fellow bunny lovers on this...
  13. D

poorly bunny - teeth, GA & sores, U/D bad news

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?p=3515250#post3515250
  14. D

Run Free Tamzin

It's hurting me so much to write this Some of you may of read my topic about my bunny Tamzin going into the vets last Tuesday for some dental work. We didnt realise the battle we would have on our hands with keeping her going. She was understandably groggy when we bought her home and gave her...
  15. D

she's just willingly drank from the water dish.
  16. D

not a good day today. she has had nothing but a couple of licks of baby food today and some water, about 3 ml of rabbit recovery. vet's booked for 9.20am in the morning....not sure what to do. I really dont think she is strong enough for a GA for the X-Ray and i'm starting to feel that all...
  17. D

well this evening she has eaten about 8 carrot tops and 2 teaspoons of baby food (apple & bannana puree) and a tiny bit of hay.
  18. D

thanks both that has given me some hope. :)
  19. D

My lovely baby girl:
  20. D

we took her to the vets 1st thing this morning as we still couldnt get anything decent down her, we left off her meds so she could have an injection too. we saw a different vet today, one of the owners. He looked inside her mouth and said that where she had the extraction was all nice and clean...
Back