• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Dust Free Hay

thanks for the quick replies, I'm to far away to collect I would need to get it delivered but thanks anyway holidayhutch for the offer. I was previoulsy using PAH timothy hay but it's working out quite expensive with the small bags and I did buy a bale from a local horsey shop but buns don't...
  2. S

Vet Bed

Thank you, away to look on ebay then. :D
  3. S

Dust Free Hay

Hi, was thinking of ordering from DFH, would anyone be able to tell me roughly how big the large bale of meadow hay (£25.99) is (sizewise for storage, I do have a extra wheely bin I could use) , and as I've only got 2 buns would this likely to go yukky before I got near the end of it and would...
  4. S

Vet Bed

Just a quick question, where does everyone buy their vetbed from as I was thinking of getting some for the hutch for wintertime, also how do you keep it in place, do you get non slip or would i use something like velcro to keep it down then it's easy to remove for washing (both are litter...
  5. S

Basil

I've never had bunnies before, I just got them in June (around the same time as Samantha, if I remember correctly), rescue bunnies I might add, but I did do my research (on this site, great info, thanks all) and one thing I did know was that pellets should never be limited for young growing...
  6. S

Dog Crates/Mesh Cubes

At the moment my buns are outdoors in a 6x2x4 hutch/run combo, they also have a separate run on the grass. If I were to bring them indoors what is the reccommend size of area for them. I have seen dog crates or wire cube creations but is this large enough for them, I would make a 2nd level. I...
  7. S

Evergreen Feed & Weed

My lawn is a mess at the moment and I have got some evergreen feed & weed liquid. At the moment the buns go out on the lawn in their pen but I am hoping to eventually let them have the whole of the garden. How long would it take for it to be safe for them on the treated areas. I was planning...
  8. S

happy hutch delivery times

mine took exactly 10 working days, but I know others have had them alot quicker, this was through ebay.
  9. S

Cleaning up droppings

down on your hands and knees :lol: (rubber gloves if you want) thats what I do, I also thought of one of these garden hoover things. Mine will use litter trays in the hutch but wont in the run, they just seem to have a lie in the tray, pop out for a poo and then hop back in the tray again...
  10. S

Cooler Fan & Keeping Rabbits Cool

Has anyone got one of these? Would it be a good idea for hot days for my outside hutch to keep the rabbits cool (would attach it to the outside) or am I best just sticking to frozen plastic bottles. Thanks http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0352019.htm
  11. S

Cheap Carrier

Not very good with measurments but seen this and though it might be useful for anyone looking for a cheap carrier, you also get a litter tray, some sort of bed and a cat scratching post, seems a good enough price even if you just wanted the carrier...
  12. S

pet shop bunny.

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp#Scotland worth phoning the rescues as all the bunnies available are sometimes not shown on the websites or the rescues may know of a suitable bunny about to come into the rescue.
  13. S

Would this be ok as a litter tray?

I've got this one as I couldnt find an underbed box that fitted, I got mine in P@H instore (doesn't seem to be online) and I think it was around £7.00, more pricey but really big and it also has the hood. My two love to sit in it and never any 'accidents'...
  14. S

Hutch suitable for three bunnies?

how about a playhouse, they look great.
  15. S

How tall is the Happy Hutch run?

Hi, I recently bought one of these hutches of ebay, the height of the run is 20", the ramp isn't steep and my buns manage no problem, my ramp stays in place, the only problem I have had is, we had a long lie last sunday:oops: the buns are usually fed and ramp put down for them at about 6.30am...
  16. S

Rabbit with runny poo

Hi, I've also got our 1st bunnies, have had them 3 weeks now (they are now 17 weeks) but I was under the impression that veg/fruit was to be very slowly introduced over a period of time, not too much at once. I also use excel junior & dwarf, the first few days we had the bunnies we got a few...
  17. S

Supa Forage Excel Natural Grass & Excel Herbage

Thanks everyone, well I got some P@H Timothy Hay and also some Excel Herbage and I must say it has gone down a treat, especially the herbage, I never bothered with the excel forage as it just looked like old grass cuttings (really tiny pieces) I might get some the next time and mix it in with...
  18. S

thanks kat g will just go to p@h and see what they have instore, i'll get a couple of bags of different types and see what the buns prefer, where do you buy readigrass, do you use that alongside normal hay.
  19. S

I need to get some more hay, I have been using farm hay but can't get any at moment, so my only option is P@H, I have read that their hay isn't very good so thought about the getting either Excel Forage or Excel Herbage, can these types be used as a main hay or are they only suitable for a...
  20. S

Collapsible Square Run, for front of hutch.

yes, comes as 8 separate panels, they are attached with rod things, but i think some people use garden/cable ties to attach them together.
Back