• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Zigzag

1. Zigzag

Dead animal in hay

Thanks for the hugs Grace, life can be a right pain in the **** sometimes! I contacted Janice at Timothyhay and she was very nice, and admitted that they check all of the boxes, and that the one I received should have been discarded. I’ll be getting a replacement. Unfortunately it wont fit in...
  2. Zigzag

Dead animal in hay

Thanks for your advice guys, I turned to you guys before even emailing them! Def not feeding them the hay, it’s outside and we need to dispose of it somewhere! Got to admit, this isn’t a great day for this to happen, really not feeling my best and not in the mood! Gracie -it is very fresh...
  3. Zigzag

Dead animal in hay

Not happened to you then?! I’m a bit surprised they didn’t see it, as it’s at the top of the box!
  4. Zigzag

Dead animal in hay

Hi all As the title says; I’ve found a dead animal at the top, of the hay (not sure what it is as haven’t looked closely). I think it’s a bird- and he’s included a pic It’s from Timothyhay.co.uk and I know this is part of the process, but I don’t want to feed it to them. Has this happened to...
  5. Zigzag

Hay

Thank you! My buns weren’t fussed with the stalky so I’ll give the soft hay a try
  6. Zigzag

Hay

Hi everyone, I need to get some hay and was thinking of going back to Timothy hay or Hay Day HQ hay. Has anyone bought the soft Timothy? Did it go down well? Thanks
  7. Zigzag

Casper & Sophie Photo Delivery

Lovely pics! They’re so beautiful! J and B are you sewing? 😊
  8. Zigzag

Could we have some vibes?

Sending lots of vibes Reader. Love for you Sophie and Casper xxx
  9. Zigzag

Insurance renewal - how much is too much?

I’d personally keep the insurance if you’re able to do so. Rabbit bills can quickly add up, and procedures and scans can cost loads. However you may be ‘lucky’ and never get any expensive bills. It’s just you never know which way things could go. I spend £50 on both bunnies, and this is likely...
  10. Zigzag

Struggling with Zigzag- not eating hay

Thanks Omi for looking at the ingredients. That’s something I clearly looked at last year, and not now when I needed to! So great you pointed it out. Agree that his poos don’t look too bad overall, and I’m getting a medium bunch of fresh grass per day. I did actually grind some hay and he...
  11. Zigzag

Well obviously I’m really hoping you’re wrong! (Thanks for letting me know your thoughts! I just cleaned the area around the eye- really does smell of artificial cheese. What happens if he does have an abscess? Does it just burst? When I speak to Twick is there anything I should mention? I’m a...
  12. Zigzag

Hi again, thanks for everyone’s lovely comments and support. Zigzag is testing me! Zigzag still isn’t interested in hay, and he made quite a strange chewing sound for a few minutes earlier today, so I’ll get hold of Twickenham vets on Monday. I do think it’s a tooth root molar issue on the left...
  13. Zigzag

Hi everyone thank you for all of your lovely messages, and positive vibes. I will respond to them properly, I’m having quite a bad day. He ate a few bits of hay earlier, which is a positive. The vet couldn’t see any teeth issues, but there could be something going on with the tooth roots, I’m...
  14. Zigzag

Hi all, Me again.... Zigzag got checked by the RVS last week, and they suspect from the blood work and urine sample that he's got early kidney disease. They've prescribed Semintra which I'm waiting for from the online pharmacy. He was ecstatic when he returned home, was eating hay and very...
  15. Zigzag

Hay

Thank you Omi, I had a feeling you might know what it is, as you seem to know a lot on this forum, especially about forage. I looked up the turnip moth- useful to see what it turns into! Do you think I can still feed it to them? Or would you recommend putting it outside for a bit? Unfortunately...
Back