• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by yaretzi

1. yaretzi

Tapla

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJMQ1hMJ0yw/
  2. yaretzi

Tapla

My little princess was peacefully put to sleep on Christmas Eve 2020 after 11 perfect years of being a spoiled little sausage ❤️ Winston is a little bit lost but I’m keeping him busy. They loved each other more than anything in the world and I hope he dotes on his future wife as much as he did...
  3. yaretzi

Pros and cons of a pair/trio

Thanks for your opinion, I think you’re probably right! As much as I’d love extra bunnies I should probably stick with pairs until I can have an entire herd one day 😄 I’ve reserved a girl at Windwhistle 🥺 she’s a very nervous girl so I’m excited to give her the time and space she needs to decide...
  4. yaretzi

Pros and cons of a pair/trio

Hello! I haven’t been on here for a long time! Tapla is becoming wobbly in her old age and although the vet feels she’s doing okay she is also completely blind, almost completely deaf, both front feet/ankles are fused with arthritis and now has weak and wobbly back legs as well as preferring to...
  5. yaretzi

Cataract surgery

That's the one yeah, thanks! I've just had a re-read and it looks to be the one in London, I've looked on google maps and it's about a 2 hour drive and comes with the logistics of staying/parking/driving in London but it's doable! Would definitely be interested to see if there are any other...
  6. yaretzi

Cataract surgery

Does anyone know of any surgeries which do cataract removal, with the replacement of the lens or fluid to enable the bunny to see again? Tapla has recently gone blind in her second eye. She's very happy in the shed where she can find her way around very easily but she is spending almost no time...
  7. yaretzi

Cold laser therapy - experience so far

Winston has severe arthritis covering 8-9 of vertebrae, mostly his lumbar ones. Treatment is obviously quite limited but cold laser therapy was suggested. I found it hard to find much information so I wanted to make a thread that people could find if they search for it! So the standard course...
  8. yaretzi

I am about to build a new shed, step by step piccies included

Really interesting to read, thanks for posting! Looking forward to updates
  9. yaretzi

Arthritis in the vertebrae of the back...

Winston is doing well on metacam since I last posted, and he is going in for laser therapy next week. I received his X-rays a few days ago and thought I'd post them on here for anyone who is interested:
  10. yaretzi

Claw injury

Well guess who has managed to rip another claw off :roll:! He knocked it while I was in the shed doing his medication, I suddenly noticed a load of blood being blobbed about all over their shelf :shock: My mom was helping me do his medication because he's become really bad at taking it, and I...
  11. yaretzi

Let's see your REWS!

Winston: At the rescue before I got him: Total pic overload, sorry :oops:
  12. yaretzi

Pet Carriers

Another vote for the catit cabrio, it fits in my two bunnies (2.8kg and 2.4kg) easily. They can move past each other to take turns looking out (or hiding at the back) and enough room to lie down. Mine never lie with their legs out in the carrier, just all tucked up, and there's plenty of room in...
  13. yaretzi

Claw injury

We're back! The vet thinks it's just a bruised claw, as the skin looks fine and not inflammed and there's no evidence that he's in any pain on his actual toes or foot either. She was going to clip off the end of the claw so that he would be less inclined to nibble at it and make it bleed but he...
  14. yaretzi

Claw injury

Thanks guys, he is weight bearing on it today but is still licking it and nibbling at it so I've booked him into the local vets for a checkup in about an hour. My usual vets didn't have any appointments today and I was eager to get it looked at. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.
  15. yaretzi

Corrugated Pipes & Rabbit Feet

Tapla has very very very minor sore hocks... just that the fur on the hocks is slightly less thick. They have a 28ft runaround tube, a shed with lino on the floor, and a run with a patio bottom. I think a combination of the both has caused it in Tapla. It's been very stable for the entire time...
Back