• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by WeatherGirl

1. WeatherGirl

Need advice about getting a friend for my single bunny

Yeah, that's a good point. Looks like I'll be hutch shopping then. :) Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the advice/help.
  2. WeatherGirl

It does seem like SSPCA are dead set on me having the other hutch and possibly wouldn't believe me if I said I'd just keep one indoors. Also, I'd hate one to be indoors and one to be out.. especially in the bad weather. I'd see so much of one and not so much of the other, and I'd feel like...
  3. WeatherGirl

Just had a look through those lists. Cheers for posting them. Ironically enough, the one closest to me is the SSPCA centre in Ayr, which is the one who wasn't very accommodating because I only have one hutch. Perhaps I should get another hutch and then contact them again. I'll see if I can get...
  4. WeatherGirl

I don't know of any rescues here. I could travel within reason. I'm in Ayrshire in the South West of Scotland. Does anyone know the closest rescue to here? Also, I'm actually not sure if the doe will be spayed before getting rehomed or if that's something the new owner will take care of. My...
  5. WeatherGirl

My bonding diary - All advice greatly welcomed

My boy goes mental at pellet time too. He nudges my hand and bobs back and forth like he's starving lol. Good Luck this evening. I'll be following this thread so I know what to expect when it's my turn :lol:
  6. WeatherGirl

Great advice here guys. Thanks. I think I'm going to wait for a spayed doe I know is vaccinated. :)
  7. WeatherGirl

My bonding diary - All advice greatly welcomed

Sorry I have no advice, but I just wanted to say your buns are adorable! <3
  8. WeatherGirl

Aww... :) Well, it's good to know I don't have to get another wee one. I've just called the lady with the rescue bun. She's actually 10 months old.. and definitely not neutered. By looking at her, she's maybe a cross-breed. Looks like a lop, but she's a bit smaller. She said I can bring...
  9. WeatherGirl

That's the tricky part. There's no going back if I take the kit from the breeder. So I might be stuck with an unbonded pair, which is not something I want. There seem to be as many success stories as fail stories. :/ I'm going to find out if the doe is spayed, as that might be the way to go if...
  10. WeatherGirl

Thanks for your advice. I don't know of any rescues up here except for the SSPCA. I'd love if there was a rescue willing to bond the buns for me.. it would be so much easier. I told the breeder I'd let her know, but I've been having doubts about it ever since. Fortunately I haven't committed...
  11. WeatherGirl

Cats and bunnies?

I can only speak from my personal experience, but my two cats are scared of rabbits, not the other way around.. :lol:.. which is odd, because the two rabbits I did have in the house were Polish breed... very small, and were under 6 months old.. My neighbours cat used to come into the garden...
  12. WeatherGirl

I have a single bunny, male, neutered, Polish (very small) around 4 years old. Long story short: First time rabbit owner. Got Rain as a baby with his brother, Snow. Both hit puberty and started ripping each other to shreds. Got them both neutered. Let them heal and tried to re-introduce them...
  13. WeatherGirl

I'm coming to get you! U/D P18 Binky!!

hahaha.. that is awesome!!!
  14. WeatherGirl

Single Bunny Club

Rain definitely thinks he's people. He's happy with our cats, and happy with us, but as soon as another rabbit comes near, he's pooping all over the place and charging at them. :/
  15. WeatherGirl

Single Bunny Club

lol Love the full name! I'm worried my wee singleton will be lonely because he's an outdoor bun. :/ But, at the same time, I fear he won't accept a fluffy companion.
Back