• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by vicki-chick

1. V

Trying to Find a New Home

Yeah, that's exactly how it is Phill, unfortunately. Just to update everyone: I went to visit Bowland Wild Boar Park yesterday and was happy that it's probably the best I'm going to find at such short notice. There are nagging doubts in my head, but generally it seems okay. There is a really...
  2. V

No, no luck. I was really hoping Ebony Eyes would have space because it sounds wonderful, but unfortunately they are full. I don't really know what on earth to do. I desperately don't want to take them to a rescue centre - I want to find them a home.
  3. V

I want to thank everyone who has posted a reply or a possible solution. I would just like to ask whether there is anyone who would be willing to take Tufty (the guinea pig) temporarily while I find a good permanent home for him - just in case this place this afternoon is no good. My parents...
  4. V

I don't know - I posted a message asking her, but don't think she is online at the moment. Here's hoping...
  5. V

Of course I will. I'm going at about 3pm, so will let you know later if I'm home. Otherwise, I'll post first thing tomorrow. Still looking for a home for Rosie and Charlie though.
  6. V

That sounds really good - that's what I'm hoping this place is like.
  7. V

Not sure about that yet - it's one of the things I need to find out.
  8. V

Sorry everyone - another post! :oops: I found the wbsite of Bowland Wild Boar Park (where I'm thinking taking Tufty). What does anyone think? http://www.wildboarpark.co.uk/index2.html Vicki
  9. V

Elaine, forgot to ask: Would you be able to offer Rosie and Charlie a permanent home, or just a temporary place? I have no problem getting them to Manchester. Vicki
  10. V

Just to update everyone: I think I may have found somewhere for Tufty (the guinea pig). There is a local wildlife park about 12 miles away from where I live called Bowland Wild Boar Park. They have an enclosure of guinea pigs and have said that they have room for him. I'm going to go and check...
  11. V

Hi everyone, Thank you so much for everyone who has replied. I have no problem getting them anywhere is the vicinty (I live in Preston, Lancashire), but what I really want to do is find a permanent home for them - as opposed to a temporary place. It's just for my own peace of mind - I want to...
  12. V

Okay, I'll admit that I couldn't figure out how to post an image on the forum :oops: - I don't even know if it's possible - so I created a really quick Tripod website and posted their photos up there. This is the URL: http://members.lycos.co.uk/vickichick/ For some reason, their photos aren't...
  13. V

No, I'm pretty mobile - I have my own car. I am based in Preston (Lancashire) and probably wouldn't want to drive hundreds of miles, but distance is not a problem (within reason).
  14. V

To be honest, I'm not sure that the mice aren't just a catalyst for this decision. I think it's probably been building for a while. They aren't too attached to the rabbits unfortunately. It's not my decision to rehome the buns or the pig. Anyway, I've been and taken some photos and I'm going to...
  15. V

Hi, Thanks for your reply. The deadline is pretty much ‘asap’ – I don’t have an exact date, but if I take too long about finding them a new home, I won’t get a choice in the matter and they’ll end up at the RSPCA. I don't have any photos handy, but I will go and take some and post them as...
Back