• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by vee-jay

1. vee-jay

Help naming rescue rabbit

This is going to be his new home :)
  2. vee-jay

Just wanted to let you guys know his vet check went great and he got the all clear :) he got his first vacc and is getting neutered next thursday AND he has a new home already! didnt even need to advertise him, one of my clients recently lost one of their buns under anaesthetic. When she...
  3. vee-jay

his friend died and he was then put in with the guinea pigs, she didnt have time to clean them out or care for them anymore as had gotten a new horse (!). Luckily one of her friends knew my friend who used to run the rabbit rescue I used to volunteer at, so she asked if I would look after him if...
  4. vee-jay

Thanks everyone! I have decided to go with Merlin :)
  5. vee-jay

I am needing some help naming this bunny. I am looking after him, getting all his vet work done, and then will be looking for a new home for him. He is a quiet, calm, reserved boy. I think he has been a bit tormented by kids so is unsure about head rubs but seems to be enjoying them a bit more...
  6. vee-jay

New aviary for the bunnies/ New run!

Added a new grass run to the aviary today, they love it, figured out the runaround very quick! they are only out when im in the garden with them, as Jianna is a digger.
  7. vee-jay

Sending my Bunnies off for Bonding today - fingers crossed!

aww thanks :) Buns are happy that they now have a bed to cuddle on
  8. vee-jay

Sending my Bunnies off for Bonding today - fingers crossed!

All good this morning, eating together well with no arguments :) It was Ollie and Max who were having the most scuffles last night, Ollie is a nipper and Max took offense and would chase. but yes all much more comfertable around each other now. Charlie is a wee angel haha unusual as she is a girl.
  9. vee-jay

Bunny fighting - all quiet for now!

Sorry have just skim read. I would remove the shelf that one is sitting on in the bathroom. Keep them in bathroom for a good few days after things appear fine between them, then move to new room but keep in small space similar to bathroom (and keep it empty), then after a few days in there I...
  10. vee-jay

Anyone heard of this pet 'insurance' company?

Its called You Do Pet, they called me today asking to put my bunny boarding on their website, though it was a bit suspicious as they asked for my email address... which is easy to get on my website... anyone heard of it? I cant quite understand how it works https://www.youdopet.com/
  11. vee-jay

How I do rabbit bonding

aw thanks, glad to hear that :)
  12. vee-jay

How I do rabbit bonding

No problem :) You will get people that disagree with me, and thats fine as there are many different ways to do bonding, this is just what I think after the experiences I have had.
  13. vee-jay

How I do rabbit bonding

Hi :) If you start with a barrier between them (carrier front, mesh inbetween etc) then they can still quite easily bite each other through it so wont prevent injury. Also even if you do prevent them from biting through with an additional barrier you have now created two territories so its no...
  14. vee-jay

How I do rabbit bonding

Thank you :) Thats great, it surprised me actually how many single rabbits I see. They all have very caring owners but they are just worried about bonding so hopefully this will give them some more confidence to go ahead and get their bunny paired up.
  15. vee-jay

Larger runs & 'toys'

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/childrens-ikea-products/children-3-7/small-furniture/ a lot of the ikea plastic kids furniture can be left outside, bunnies love jumping up, keeping watch, or hiding underneath
Back