• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by um20

1. U

housing for BIG buns?

Ditto here, poppy playhouse. Wire mesh on the windows, plywood floors put in. Easy enough to adapt them, get some right-angle brackets, 2"x1" timber and make a frame across the playhouse/shed on which you fit the plywood. Saw the front door in half to make a stable door and hinge the floor...
  2. U

is it ok for my bunny to eat wet grass?

As Alison says, wet grass is fine. After all, what would Rabbits do in the wild if it rained for a long time! Just don't feed them cut wet grass, it does decay faster and would be like you eating rotten food. My buns love the grass in the garden and eat it wet or dry, they're not fussed!
  3. U

Electricity in sheds

Nice shed Jeremy! Also love the camera page, that's the kind of thing that I'm hoping to do, albeit with only one 54g IP camera. Mounted in the top corner it should give me a full field and will be remotely controllable, and it's colour. Unlike yours though I can only afford to put...
  4. U

Hierarchy after spaying

Thanks JCO, that makes a lot of sense. I'd also not considered gettting our last 2 done together, it's not expensive at all really. I like to keep them separate for about a week though, I can't watch them all the time and I'm scared what they might do to each other while I'm not there. Lula...
  5. U

Electricity in sheds

A question for all you guys that have electricity in your shed(s) - where did you take your feed from and how do you have the connection setup at the shed end so the rabbits dont get at it? :? I'm thinking of powering mine, mainly so I can have a light in there and some heating, but I'm also...
  6. U

Hierarchy after spaying

Hi peeps - another spaying question here. 3 of my rabbits live together in a playhouse and the boss (Lula) has just gone in (on Sat) after a week apart recovering from her spay. She chased the others in the garden for a bit, and there was a fur fight between her and second-in-command Mary, but...
  7. U

Ventilation in Wendy House

Blimey, you're keen!! I was writing the response and the website at the same time, it's all done now :lol:
  8. U

That's good then, it looked like the wire that came with my run and which was surprisingly easy to break. I've also got some pics of my rabbit chalet on t'web: http://www.bowernet.com/rabbits/hutch.asp You can see the design and the extent of the ventilation. You can also see how they ALWAYS...
  9. U

One word of warning for all here (based on the pics I've seen) - rabbits can bite through chicken wire!! Our run was all chicken wire until Ben managed to bite through and I saw him out in the garden one day :shock: I found that the mesh that is used for cages (and is available in rolls...
  10. U

Okay I exaggerated, the floor space goes from 24 sq ft to 44 sq ft, but I will get some pictures this weekend to show you. I just remembered that upper floors also mean that the bottom floor can be a feeding/toilet area and they can sit above all that. Plus in summer they can sit in the shade...
  11. U

My Playhouse is similar to bunnies' shed. I took the bottom glass out of the windows and replaced with mesh, cut the door in half to make a split door and cut a hole in the top half and replaced with mesh. Then I put floors in level with the mesh, with a hinged centre piece so I can get in to...
  12. U

(Spring) Greens - advice

My 5 all have their SR Excel, then greens everyday. Sometimes spring greens, sometimes cabbage. Topped off with broccoli/cauliflower, sometimes banana, then usually carrots. They all eat differently though, Lula wont eat cauli florets and loves carrot, whilst Ben will eat all the banana...
  13. U

Wood treatment

I've used B & Q and Ronseal wood stains on my hutches and fences. They're non-toxic to animals when dry and can be washed off surfaces (it's water based). Just don't let them drink it whilst it is still wet! My 5 have chewed the hutches and fences and it's never bothered them. In fact I'd...
  14. U

do you think im giving him enough space...............?

I think the simple rule is the more space the better! My buns have the run of the garden when I am home, which is 60ft long and 20ft wide (or thereabouts). I find they coming running straight out, nibble grass for a bit, check if there's anything new, then lay out. That takes about 15 minutes...
  15. U

Food choice - help needed

SupaRabbit Excel for me too. Although I find Dottie is a bit on the large size so she's on half doses now and all the grass she can eat!
Back