• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Theresaclaire

1. T

Absolutely Fuming!

okay, fair point, but it's down to personal preference. "technically" they're classed as large enough, though I agree I wouldn't personally use a 3ft hutch for anything other than a g.pig. min I have is 4ft, but they all get daily exercise out of thier hutches - that's another story though. My...
  2. T

Absolutely Fuming!

I dont thin the guiding is BRC recommendations, just the ages, to be honest, I've not seen anything from the BRC about the hutch size thing, just the RWF, I think it's down to personal judgement, going on the various recommendations. the pet care trust has smaller recommendations than even those...
  3. T

Absolutely Fuming!

This was my response: Hello, I'm afraid we will not be selling you a rabbit under any circumstances, for a number of reasons, but particularly those outlined below: Firstly, it's British Rabbit Council recommendations that rabbits are not sold / re-homed before they are a minimum of 8 weeks...
  4. T

Absolutely Fuming!

I've just had an email from someone asking to buy rabbits, apparently, they spoke to me yesterday (although I dont recall this), but see what they've written. it's lucky for them I dont have an address - only an email address otherwise i'd be on the phone to the RSPCA right now! see for...
  5. T

Please help. poorly baby rabbit

Just a quick update, decided I wasn't happy with the vets advice and said so, said I felt it was an emergency and that the little one needed to be seen right away, so I took him down there. As I suspected, it's not his teeth - they're all nicely aligned and developing okay, but he's not...
  6. T

Okay, I phoned the vet and she said if he isn't grinding his teeth and will still take the milk, continue with that and keep trying with the science recovery and we've got him booked in for tomorrow to see her. She's no appointments at all today and said it's not an emergency because he seems...
  7. T

No, teeth are fine - they're not very big as he's only 6 weeks old, but I have checked them myself from what I can see they're perfectly aligned. Both parents are show quality rabbits from top lines, and both are vet-checked regularly and have never had any teether problems with them. I dont...
  8. T

I didnt assosciate the not eating with him being in any pain because he is so young, and I never saw him eating the dried mix. As a small baby - between 2-4 weeks he was nibbling on the hay and readygrass and still getting fed by mum, but that's not happening now. What's the treatment for...
  9. T

Hiya, I tried the science recovery, wont touch it and wont swallow it if I try and drip it into his mouth - just goes everywhere and we're no further forward. Even tried making this up with the goats milk instead of just water - no difference. Dont have any critical care. Yeah, his poops are...
  10. T

Hi All, could really do with some advice. I have a litter of baby rabbits (6 weeks old tomorrow) and one's not eating. Mum stopped feeding them at 4.5 weeks old, and despite my best efforts with bottle feeding, lost 1 almost immediately. Then a 2nd one started to go down hill, had jelly poop...
  11. T

worming - panacur paste

Hi guys, we do ours twice a year with the panacur, and twice a year with Ivermectin (as preventative - they treat different things and the vet said it's okay to use both). When the vet was telling me about panacur rabbit to prevent E. Cuniculi, they gave me a leaflet produced by the company...
  12. T

Snuffles for life?

yeah, it's okay to give at the same time as Baytril - it's herbal and an immune system boost. I did both for the bun I was treating. In the end, I rehomed hr with a family who had no other rabbits and i knew would continue her treatment, and I would never have bred from her because of the issue...
  13. T

Snuffles for life?

we had the same problem for the longest time with buns from pets at home. After one of the females we got had had baytril on and off for 14 months we tried echinacea. we started off with about 10 drops on a tiny bit of water by syringe, but as things got better, just reduced it to putting it in...
  14. T

Breeders vs petshops

hi Denny, we continue to sell animals as, like it's been mentioned there are bad breeders and rescues too, some people aren't eligible for rescues, and its purely for the pleasure of placing animals with good homes. ideally we should've had a farm, but in London that's not easy, and setting up a...
  15. T

Breeders vs petshops

Hi all, I know I'm probably desperately unpopular already, but hey, you cant please everyone all of the time. I'm glad that most people are seeing that not everyone can be classed as the same if they're breeders, or pet shops, as I said in another post, we have / are both and do desperately try...
Back