• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by The Duchess

1. The Duchess

Recommendations for a bunny savvy Vet PORTSMOUTH

Thank you for replying. We needed a vet in Portsmouth proper as it was for end of life care and the owner didn’t want to travel far with the elderly boy. She used to use my rescue vet until recently when she moved to Portsmouth, so she could have come back to her old vet had distance not been...
  2. The Duchess

Recommendations for a bunny savvy Vet PORTSMOUTH

One of my rescue clients has recently moved to Portsmouth and needs a good rabbit vet in the Portsmouth area of Hampshire if any of you can recommend one please? If you can give me the name of the vet you would use as well as the practice that would be amazing, thank you.
  3. The Duchess

Warning- This is NOT a Vaccine and it WILL NOT Protect a Rabbit from Myxo/RHD1+2

Couldn't agree more. People find it hard enough to understand food labelling etc so something like this will simply confuse and I think has the potential to result in fatalities
  4. The Duchess

Warning- This is NOT a Vaccine and it WILL NOT Protect a Rabbit from Myxo/RHD1+2

Spot on Alison. The harm being done is that someone may choose not to vaccinate and try this.... which means they are laid completely open to all three viruses. Vaccination with the recognised vaccines is the only way to protect - period.
  5. The Duchess

Please help our Rabbits!

Done, however the answers didn't cater for some of the answers I wanted to give.
  6. The Duchess

Breeding?

Today I had news about one of my rabbits that I took into the rescue late last year. He had not been neutered and is middle aged. I found out that despite my neutering him as soon as he came to me, he has testicular cancer. Neutering when he was younger may well have prevented it - had his...
  7. The Duchess

The Hay Experts

I love Lisa at The Hay Experts. She always goes above and beyond and her attention to detail and the amount she cares is totally genuine. She's a wonderful lady and she works bloody hard too.
  8. The Duchess

Clipping nails

Hi there. Yes of course I'd be happy to show you, even with a squirmy bunny. Just e- mail me on therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk to arrange when you are ready.
  9. The Duchess

Clipping nails

Absolutely - I always have nails to do for one of the bunnies. I don't recommend scissor type clippers as they rely on the operator to open them and release the blades- which can cause problems if the bunny pulls the foot back mid clip. I by far prefer the spring loaded type which all you have...
  10. The Duchess

Clipping nails

No worries but the offer is there. It is a long way I agree just to have their nails clipped.
  11. The Duchess

Clipping nails

If you want to bring your bunnies to me for a 'clipping lesson' I'd be happy to show you a variety of clippers available and show you how I do it hands on. I'm just up the road from Harmans Water KVets. I'm in Windlesham.
  12. The Duchess

Recommended Vets in Bracknell/Wokingham area or near please?

hello there. I work at Kynochs, and can recommend Ivan but as has already been said he only works Tuesdays which is useless if you need him another day. There are other vets at the same branch who can see rabbits but who have not got the same level of experience. I run The Rabbit Crossing...
  13. The Duchess

is it just me that see's this as crazy

I find it sad that a company like 7th Heaven who are Peta/BUAV and Vegan Society certified feel that this is appropriate especially given that they were getting their bunnies from a rescue where the owner is known to breed (they told me that they didn't know this was the case). Even if they...
  14. The Duchess

is it just me that see's this as crazy

indeed - Beefeater Stud according to one conversation I saw on the Burgess FB page (during a thread about them pulling out of supporting the Harrogate Show)
  15. The Duchess

Available Rescue: Gizmo, stunning and unusual rex boy (Essex)

What a stunner. Amazing markings
Back