• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by SuzieBlue

1. SuzieBlue

urgent- tummy problems

I spoke to the vet again, but as I was doing so phoebe peed all over the sofa and dropped about a million poos! She's still running around. I'm going to take her to the vet in the morning just to be safe, but she really does seem back to normal at the moment. Interestingly, the vet had no...
  2. SuzieBlue

urgent- tummy problems

Hi again, just wanted to say that while I was waiting on a call back from the vet I made toast for myself. Phoebe, even from her sickbed, couldn't resist and came over for a nibble. She's now running about the house, she's eaten some pellets of her own accord and had a wee bit of water, a few...
  3. SuzieBlue

urgent- tummy problems

Thanks all. I've given her some water and some mushed up food. Which she hated! When I gave her the gripe water earlier and the metacam before that she didn't put up a fight, but now she's at least being unwilling which is more like her. She's still uncomfortable though and it'll be a while...
  4. SuzieBlue

urgent- tummy problems

Hello all, I could really do with some advice. My almost-3 year old minilop Phoebe has a history of tooth probs, tummy probs and general sensitivity to stuff. Today, I left home at 12pm and she had been her normal self all morning. I opened a new pack of quite rough timothy hay for her and she'd...
  5. SuzieBlue

Massive intake of hay increase

I was just about to post a question about the fact that my bunny Phoebe has in the last week been eating hardly any of her pellets (she gets a wee drop in the morning and evening) and much more hay. But I just got a delivery of new hay from my friend's farm and even I have to admit it looks and...
  6. SuzieBlue

EMERGENCY - bunny with bloat

Hi everyone, i want to thank you all for the really helpful and positive messages tonight, but Nermal died about 3 hours ago. I used gripe water, let him rest, made him move around, rubbed his back and his tummy and it just wasn't enough. He got more uncomfortable within the last hour or so...
  7. SuzieBlue

Ok, I gave Nerm some gripe water a short time ago, and he's had a snooze and a run up and down the hall. Now I think the right side of his tummy feels so much softer - almost normal, but his left is still hard. Is this a good sign? I have no idea! He's due more gripe water in about 15 mins...
  8. SuzieBlue

Thanks again everyone. Ok, will get some gripe water - already have the pineapple juice but will hold off for the mo. My friend is currently using gripe water on her colicky baby, so fingers crossed... Nermal had fluids today from the vet, as he had only a small amount to drink last night by...
  9. SuzieBlue

Thank you so much. The last 12 hours or so have been awful! I just gave Nerm a run round the hall there, I gently pushed him a bit and he hopped about for a couple of mins. I then gently rubbed his tummy and definitely felt some wind popping in there, so I'm sending a happy helper out for...
  10. SuzieBlue

Hi all, really hoping someone can give me advice here. Last night my boy bunny Nermal suddently became subdued and acted like he was in pain. He ate dinner fine but refused a treat a few hours later. I got him to the emergency vet at like 2am, who diagnosed stasis (said his gut felt soft butlike...
  11. SuzieBlue

Whats your buns personality?

Nermal - my big baby.. Will do anything for food or head scratches. So affectionate and loves attention - pretty lazy though! Bit scared of the vet so has to be examined from inside my jacket..... :roll: (vet thinks I'm mental) Phoebe - a total daredevil, tiny but fast! Quite nervy but getting...
  12. SuzieBlue

Dogs and Rabbits?

OMG these animals are adorable!!! One of the cats (Eddie I think?) is a total poser!! Love it. Agreed - slow introduction can work out fine depending on all animals involved. I guess you just need to get to know all of the animals really well to figure out how they'll act. My flatmate had his...
  13. SuzieBlue

Unnecessary Baytril??

Hi, hoping someone has some words of wisdom! My girl mini-lop Phoebe was a bit off-colour on Saturday morning - fine on Friday night but wouldn't have breakfast, seemed uncomfortable and felt a bit cold, so I took her to the vet straight away. They couldn't find anything obviously wrong, but...
  14. SuzieBlue

Territorial Behaviour or just badness??!!

Any help? This situation has not improved and I'd really like some advice. Anyone?
  15. SuzieBlue

Territorial Behaviour or just badness??!!

Sooo.. I was rudely awoken last night at nearly 1am by Nermal, who decided to come out of his cage where he was happily munching hay to pee on my bed.... Nermal hasn't peed anywhere other than his cage since he was neutered a year ago, what's going on?! I've had to have him in my room since I...
Back