• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by summerleaze

1. summerleaze

Finally finished playhouse!

That's really lovely, it looks very neat. I like the choice of colour too.
  2. summerleaze

Platform Ideas

It's definitely worth having a browse in your local charity shops, therre are some great bargains. Ive picked up several childrens plastic chairs and quite a few footballs. A wash and a disinfectant and they are as good as new.
  3. summerleaze

Show&Share your housing :)

The front of the shed is divided into four hinged windows so it gives me greater flexibilty with regards the weather. It's Perspex though not glass.
  4. summerleaze

Show&Share your housing :)

5. summerleaze

Standard Rex Breeders in Devon/South West?

http://www.rspcaexeter.org.uk/adopt-a-rabbit/ They have a lovely female Rex for adoption
  6. summerleaze

What do you do... (question for rescues or anyone really)

I'm not saying it's a good or a bad thing - only as individuals can we decide what we feel is right. Just a word of caution though. Please consider the possiblity that any animal obtained from any source other than a good quality reputable rescue has the potential to bring with them health...
  7. summerleaze

A Rescues Soapbox * warning upsetting pics *

Rescue work is a strange place - I can't liken it to any other way of life. We experience the absolute worst of human nature and then we (thankfully) meet wonderful people who come along to lighten our load just as we are teetering on the brink of despair. Nothing ever suprises me anymore...
  8. summerleaze

Putting hutch in the run -opinions?

http://www.wayfair.co.uk/Petmate-Pet-Step-II-in-Almond-29534-LPA1054.html?refid=GPAUK321-LPA1054&gclid=CO7fvJCStbMCFSTLtAodPBoAhg I'm not entirely sure but would anything like this help? I adopted two bunnies who just wouldn't jump up onto things so I bought them this and after a few days they...
  9. summerleaze

Yellow staining on Rex fur

I have just taken in a white rex rabbit that had been living with guinea pigs. He has several severe bite wounds on his back which are currently receiving treatment but I would like to sort out his coat too when he's settled a little more. He did have heavy urine staining around his rear, this...
  10. summerleaze

Identical Bunnies....

I have recently had five black babies here with not one single thing to distinguish them between one another! I just snipped a bit of fur off different parts of their body as a means of identifying them. Even at 9 weeks old they still all look identical !
  11. summerleaze

Available Rescue: Baby rabbits, Devon/Cornwall area

Thankfully all these bunnies have now found great new homes.
  12. summerleaze

Just a gentle bump for these lovely babies and all so beautifully tame too. They have all had their combi vaccs now and are ready and waiting. Available - 2 black/white boys and 3 solid black boys All very friendly and were so well behaved at the vets.
  13. summerleaze

It's a very difficult time rehoming baby buns, I've had absolutely no interest in these at all. Such a shame as they are really lovely rabbits and I've ensured they are well used to people and being handled. I don't charge an adoption fee but a donation in recognition of the rescue work I...
Back