• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Squishies

1. Squishies

Ovarian Remnant Syndrome?

Wow, that does sound strikingly similar behaviour - bonded 'ok', without outright fighting, but now this increasing random aggression and extreme dominance despite having other who have fully submitted to he queen bee status! Please do let me know how jour journey progresses with the piggies x...
  2. Squishies

Thanks so much, Liz, I really appreciate the reply and everything you write makes sense - yes, a blood test is what has been recommended, but (as ever with the delicate and delightfully different nature of rabbits!), apparently it's not foolproof, as bunnies don't have a regular oestrus cycle...
  3. Squishies

Hi all, this is potentially a long shot at the end of a rocky road with a female bun who is displaying some very unusual signs of aggression to all but her original sibling bunny in the group. ...has anyone ever heard of, or know of where to find any info on ovarian remnant syndrome and symptoms...
  4. Squishies

Pinworms - symptoms and treatment?

Thanks Jane! ...is mebendazole in Panacur? Or do I need to go to the vets for a prescription if I suspect?
  5. Squishies

Sneezing bunny - what to monitor? U/D bunny now coughing?

Thanks Bunny Momma! ...that makes complete sense, and is hugely reassuring, thank you so much for sharing your experience too x
  6. Squishies

Pinworms - symptoms and treatment?

ok, so first up, huge apologies if this question gives anyone the shivers! (I'm useless with nematode worms and maggoty things, I get the total creeps) Can I ask those more experienced than me, what the key symptoms, and, importantly, best treatment for pin worms, are, please? I have two...
  7. Squishies

I just wanted to take the time to update on this, given that it was such a conundrum/mystery! ...my little lady's sneezes just slowly petered out, she now sneezes very occasionally (as in, once every few days), and is still fine in herself. I chose not to give the antibiotics in the end, as I...
  8. Squishies

Thanks Jane, thanks Graciee, thanks Nap! I phoned the vet yesterday and agreed to monitor her with the Piriton over the weekend... She's still super active and fine in herself... This morning she was still sneezing a bit though, so, not wanting to take a risk over the long weekend I took her to...
  9. Squishies

Bunnies with hay fever, I would never have dreamt it?! How adorably rubbish for the poor bunnies! ...how did you find out, what are their symptoms like (how much/how frequent is the sneezing?) and how often do you give them the syrup?
  10. Squishies

Thanks Jane - that makes sense, I will give her a call... (abx = antibiotics?) ...would we have heard a wheezy chest if bunny had a lower respiratory infection starting?
  11. Squishies

Thanks Tonibun, no, she isn't on shavings (she's on newspaper), but I am getting really worried -- she is now almost coughing (like a child with a really sore throat) when she sneezes, it's a really deep sneeze-cough... I wonder whether, like you say, something has got stuck and is irritating...
  12. Squishies

so hilariously, it's actually the children's sweet Piriton syrup - the vet just works out the dose based on the weight... my bun is a larger breed, and is still growing, so at 2.4kg, the vet has prescribed 2ml twice a day. It must taste good, as she absolutely lapped it up from the syringe! I...
  13. Squishies

Worried about overnight predator issues?

Hi Tony, and welcome! It sounds like you have built an amazing set up for your bunny - no mean feat! ...personally, I wouldn't be overly worried about rats so long as my bunnies were fully vaccinated (most rats have far better stuff to eat than hay, and there's never any pellets or food left...
  14. Squishies

Thanks everyone, I did indeed take her to the vet earlier -- Vet seemed unconcerned for now (nose and eyes clear, chest and tummy sounding fine), and has suggested a few days of Piriton to see if is an allergic reaction... I will also deep clean the pen and remove any hay dust etc, just incase...
  15. Squishies

Thanks Leanne, yes, I was doing a bit of googling and I agree, sneezing seems to be considered a vets situation... ...I haven't changed her hay/don't think it's more dusty than usual -- her brother isn't sneezing, so I don't think it's a conditions thing; poor little lady, she hates the vets...
Back