• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by sola

1. S

Is Stasis new?

I beleive a lot of people who claim their pets lived longer (usually longer then the norm) are misjudging the time period they had them. I've spoken to someone who had a hamster live to 10 years when they were a kid. Says it all really. I know I keep forgetting how old my animals are and how...
  2. S

pregnancy

Oh no, hope she's not pregnant! I know boys can be sexually mature from around 12 weeks (8 weeks for dwarfs I think) but I thought girls could breed from that age too, but not sure personally.
  3. S

Humping

Why do they live separately? For bonding? If humping is the only thing they are doing then let them live together, they'll be much happier and like Schuette says, they can sort out whose boss in one go and not have to keep doing it every time they meet, which can lead to stress and sometimes fights.
  4. S

Found my rabbit beheaded

So sorry for your loss in such a horrible way! xx :(
  5. S

What to do when she's gone...

Thanks everyone, pts is the last thing I want to do, the first vet was suggesting it after only putting her on baytril for a week and I was like 'no way, that's not going to make a blind bit of difference.' The second vet seems a lot more in the know and there's another who the first vet...
  6. S

What to do when she's gone...

Hi, haven't been here in a very long time! Thought I'd ask some opinions really. Currently I have two house rabbits, neutered male, Peter and neutered female, Peta. Peta has fluid on her lungs, she on treatment, but the vet didn't think it would improve very much, after a week on treatment...
  7. S

No nonsence approach to bunny bonding and neutering

I've done this method with my dominant girl and very timid boy. I moved the large run to the other side of the garden (although the garden wasn't neutral moving it seemed to confuse them) bought a new hutch to go into it and put them both in. Other attempts with bonding them failed. She...
  8. S

i cant take anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be the best course, at least it'll get some vet care and just tell them you've asked everyone on the street. It's obviously bored and lonely to keep going in your garden. We're worried the poor thing might not be found alive next time :( (not because of you, but because of...
  9. S

RSPCA - your experience?

The only experiance I've had with the RSPCA is when the people in the house opposite us got kicked out for drug use they left their heavily pregnant cat behind (every season she was pregnant and she was barely 2 years old :( ) - she gave birth in some bushes outside the house a few weeks later...
  10. S

Fantastic update - Freeads just round the corner!

Maybe you should contact the local newspaper about the falcony going around and feeding pet bunnies to their birds. Then again I suspect nobody will care and will dump their buns on to them too. Maybe they are breeding buns themselves for food and need 'new blood'? Sorry :( You tried, contact...
  11. S

reporting a friend update!

Well obviously he's not going to listen to anyone now as the stupied RSPCA has said his tiny hutches and overcrowding was it? was ok to keep rabbits in. I think the RSPCA are in need to recieve some rabbit care leaflets from the RWA to show them how rabbits are supposed to be looked after.
  12. S

Just a quick pets at home question

From what I read the adoption centres are now being made bigger (there's a picture of one in another thread about P@H) not sure if it's for the ones already with adoption areas or new stores/new fittings. Unfortunally there's no where else to put the animals for adoption except those tanks or...
  13. S

18 rabbits in surrey on Free ads!

I know of a rescue that took in pigs from a breeder, then stopped because she realised that she was just his dumping ground and didn't have the space to take in real needy animals. A year later he stopped breeding because he couldn't get rid of his surplus pigs.
  14. S

Erm....how long do rabbits live??

My two dutch buns are 7 and 6 years and still fighting fit :D
  15. S

Two 7 weeks old buns bought from a breeder**Update** on pg2

:shock: OMG! There's no words to discribe what I think! The only positive thing I can think of is at least they didn't just keep them for the sake of it and negected them in a tiny hutch. And if they are different sexes it's a good job they didn't keep them longer, it seems some bad breeders...
Back