• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Snowytoshi

1. Snowytoshi

New Bunny! How to clean oil off of her?

Shimmer the yellow staining is more brown in person and definitely feels like dirt not urine. We've had several rain storms this past week and she was outside during then so she probably got a little muddy. We will of course be taking her to the vet for a full check up. She is such a sweet...
  2. Snowytoshi

New Bunny! How to clean oil off of her?

Hi all!! I haven't been on this forum in awhile (it's been a hectic last couple years), but we just got a new bunny. Her name is Mabel and my mom's boss found her as a stray. She was outside for at least a week before they caught her last night. We went and picked her up today because they...
  3. Snowytoshi

Just don't know what to do with him!

It might be more annoying, but some wooden chew toys (my rabbits love willow) could help. Also I don't know how long you've had him, but if you didn't get him that long ago, he might have to get used to a new routine.
  4. Snowytoshi

are the rabbits bored?

Perhaps see if there are any other toys they might like so they have some variety? My bunnies don't play with jingly balls or key rings, they only like the edible stuff :roll: They go crazy for bags stuffed with hay/veggies/other treats, spend a lot of time in their digging box, and enjoy...
  5. Snowytoshi

Do they need pellets?

My rabbits don't get pellets and they have maintained a healthy weight and energy level since cutting the pellets out.
  6. Snowytoshi

US based sanctuaries

May I ask what you need it for? I live in Massachuetts and if you (or anyone else) needs help transporting or taking care of rabbits, I'd be happy to help :wave:
  7. Snowytoshi

I'm not expert but...

My mom has stepped in before when she heard a sales associate saying something incorrect and harmful, at least if you say something (politely!) they might think about it or they might want to learn more and start reading about rabbits.
  8. Snowytoshi

For anyone on the Bunspace forum...

Thank you so much!
  9. Snowytoshi

For anyone on the Bunspace forum...

I don't know if anyone here is on Bunspace, but if you are would you please consider voting for Snowy in the March photo contest? The 1st place winner of the contest will have $100 (60 pounds) donated to a animal shelter of their choice, if I win the money will be donated to my local shelter for...
  10. Snowytoshi

I am not bonding with adoptepd rabbit

I've actually never seen a rescue (I live in the U.S.) with policies like Linette is describing and I personally believe that those types are in the minority, I'm very sorry you've had that experience Linette :(
  11. Snowytoshi

This is going to sound silly but...

The only thing I slice is fruit to make smaller portions.
  12. Snowytoshi

Joshua is going on a date! Update and Question: Please share thoughts!

I was going to take them on the car ride both sitting in a box and then Pepper Potts would be going back to the shelter and then Joshua home, perhaps with a short bonding session at the shelter before leaving depending on their mood. The point is to make them cuddle together and then they bond...
  13. Snowytoshi

Near the end of their date Joshua started humping Pepper Potts. However there is still no chasing and I feel that asking to be groomed/mounting is much better than sitting in opposite corners: at least now they're communicating :) Tomorrow I'm going to take them on a car ride in a box and...
  14. Snowytoshi

I always think of my bunny when I see your threads about your son :lol: They're both adorable! I am at the shelter right now with Joshua and Pepper Potts. There has been some minor squabbles, but also some forced cuddles: I pet them both side by side and slowly they relax into each other...
  15. Snowytoshi

[Video] Rabbit growling when the strokes stop.

Joshua always starts biting/digging the blankets on my bed when I stop petting him :roll:
Back