• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Snowberry

1. Snowberry

Might have to say goodbye to Strawberry tomorrow

We said goodbye to Strawberry this afternoon. The vet got a second opinion and neither of them thought they could do anything for him and that PTS was the kindest option. We’ve had him nearly 11 years so will take some getting used to him not being here and Elliot will really miss his little...
  2. Snowberry

Eye is still very swollen this morning and he hasn’t touched his food overnight. I’ve just moved the bowl closer and he has started nibbling some green beans. We are back st the vets at 3pm unless he has a sudden deterioration. If the only option is to remove his eye then we won’t be going...
  3. Snowberry

Went to put Strawbs away tonight and his eye was hideously swollen. His third eyelid is huge and bright red and his eyeball bulging. Ran him to the emergency vets who said it looks like an eye injury, has jabbed him with pain relief and anti-inflammatories and given him some eye cream. We have...
  4. Snowberry

Paint incident!

Thanks everyone. It was just water based emulsion so we washed it all off with just warm water this morning. He has been fine all day and is still bopping around demanding treats so don't think there is any harm done! Will make sure everything is out of his reach tonight! I'm good thanks...
  5. Snowberry

Paint incident!

First post in ages but I need advice from wise RU! Mr B has jumped in a paint tray that got left out overnight. He has then kindly left me footprints all over my kitchen! We have washed the rest of the paint off his paws but he has probably licked some off himself overnight. He seems fine...
  6. Snowberry

Flynn's Had a CVA :-( U/D 22nd July- He's Dead :-(

Not just yet Jane. Your other bunnies need you too much. You will find peace one day I promise. For now you have to keep fighting. x
  7. Snowberry

Bednobs and Broomsticks

It is very mean. It's an old film and so I doubt they would now edit it out.
  8. Snowberry

Found a bunny!- Reunited!!!

Bunny had been reunited with his owner! Took him to the vets but he wasn't microchipped, was on my way back when I got a phone call from a care home round the corner to say he was theirs! I am a little sad to see him go, he was a lovely little thing!
  9. Snowberry

We have put posters up, put a sign in the local pub and one the village notice board,have put a slip through the door of the houses nearby and put an email on the village news group! Will try the vets tomorrow for a microchip!
  10. Snowberry

Christmas eve there was an email on our village news group to say there was a domestic bunny loose on the village playground. It had been there all day and so when we passed at 4pm and it was still there I managed to catch it. He/she is very friendly and is fairly big! It has been living in my...
  11. Snowberry

Do you shut your outdoor bunnies in at night?

Straws has access to his run 24/7. It has a roof and is very sturdy and fox proof.
  12. Snowberry

Rabbits 'acting' in a play

I would bet they are not checking that all these rabbits are vaccinated and neutered before being mingled together on stage! Sounds like an idea that they haven't really thought through! If I took Strawbs he would attack every other bunny in sight!
  13. Snowberry

Has anyone ever seen a long haired giant before?

She is gorgeous!!! I have Bungle who is a cashmere lop and his fur is a nightmare! He also doesn't moult unless he is brushed and then it comes out in huge clumps! He hate being brushed and so we end up cutting him really short but then he looks like a neglect case!
  14. Snowberry

mabel

She has such a cute little face!
  15. Snowberry

Lord Herbert- U/D 24th October

This! It is hard work but with an owner like you Jane he is in the best possible hands. Snowdrop managed with Megacolon for several years once we had worked out how best to manage it.
Back