• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by SiobhanRoisin

1. S

Metacam Dispensing Rule Change in the UK

Oh - that sounds like how I would have assumed the system would work! This gives me hope! I have only been to my vets once a year for quite a while now (touch wood), as the rabbits have only needed vaccines and I have been able to manage any stasis blips at home. I normally top up my metacam...
  2. S

It is not just frustration because I am in tune with my rabbits. It is what appears to be poor regulations that do not consider the specific needs of rabbits and will put them in life threatening situations. Yes, pain killers should not be given out ad lib, I completely agree. I could...
  3. S

Thanks - I will - I have an appointment on Monday. I think as owners though we also offer an important perspective that may be overlooked by bodies creating guidelines that apply to all species. Many of us also have scientific/medical/veterinary backgrounds. I think it's important that we...
  4. S

Hi - thanks for the welcome and the feedback! I can understand that a vet needs to examine an animal and the medication should not be given out willy nilly. If my rabbits had to be brought in every six months when healthy to have this reviewed that would be fine. The issue I have is that if a...
  5. S

The guidelines were updated in September 2023. I'm reading them just now. They make sense from a broad perspective. However, while metacam is a POM- it isn't an anitfungal, antibiotic, antiviral, or antiparasitic - which is what a lot of the logical concern seems to be focused on - i.e...
  6. S

Good Afternoon, I am interested in getting the views of fellow rabbit owners in the UK regarding the apparent changes in the dispensing laws for metacam. I have had my current rabbits for over seven years now, and to date they have been healthy, bonded, cage free, and overly spoiled. I take...
  7. S

Bunny Gates?

Oh! That's an excellent idea, it hadn't occurred to me to modify the other ones! Thank you! :D
  8. S

Bunny Gates?

Hello, I have two rabbits, a boy Bertrand who is one and a girl Arlo who is five months. I am new to rabbits and just got them over a month ago. I am keeping them separate for now. I had Bertrand neutered a week and a half ago, but from advice in the forum I have decided not to properly...
  9. S

New to bonding advice

How can you make it out of bounds but still let them in the room?
  10. S

New to bonding advice

Thanks for the advice. I will talk to the vet about how soon they can neuter my girl Arlo then, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later :) I don't know what i'll do if they don't bond, I don't want to risk that not happening. Can I ask too, is there any hope of litter training her before...
  11. S

New to bonding advice

Hi, I just wanted to ask for some advice. I am new to having rabbits and am trying to read up on the best methods for bonding. I got two rescue bunnies, a male and a female from different sources. The female is about four months old and the male is 12 months. I have had my boy Bertrand...
Back