• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Seraphydragon

1. S

Prolonged clotting and spay surgery

Hi everyone, Just wanted to update the forum here on my bun. We re-did her blood test yesterday, and the results came back good this time! We'll be going ahead with spay surgery later next month. :)
  2. S

Okay, thank you everyone :). I'm not too familiar with how these blood tests go, so your responses really helped. We'll re-do the blood test later and see how it goes. @daphnephoebe - yes, we're planning to have her spayed closer to 6 months. Since I took her in for a general wellness exam, the...
  3. S

Hi everyone, I recently adopted a 3-month old rex bunny. I took her to the vet this week and had a pre-spay blood work done. I learned today that her liver enzymes were slightly elevated and that she had prolonged clotting. Her vet said that the elevated liver enzymes may be due to her still...
  4. S

Front paw amputation - Need advice, please!

Update: I regret to say that my bun passed away this morning. He was having troubles breathing this early am. We rushed him to the emergency vet and had a plan to try and stabilize his condition for an amputation but it looked like the whole ordeal this month was too much for him. Thank you...
  5. S

Bunny breathing fast - why?

Thank you. We rushed him to the emergency vet but unfortunately he didn't make it. There were other complications and the whole ordeal was too much.
  6. S

Bunny breathing fast - why?

Hi, My ~7.5 year old dutch rabbit just had dental surgery today. He was nibbling on his food, drinking and pooping alright. Now I he seems to be breathing fast. I don't know what's wrong. I had given him a piece of banana to try and encourage him to eat but is he choking? Or could it be a...
  7. S

Hi Everyone, Thank you for replying. Joey&boo, yes, we've been seeing an exotic vet. They seem to know what they're doing and have assured us that they've treated a number of rabbits. Shimmer - no, I'm afraid he's never had blood work done. We've had several check ups, and he seemed...
  8. S

Hello, I have a ~7.5 year old dutch bunny. Four weeks ago he developed a urinary tract infection. We got him to the vet and he began treatment on antibiotics, but then he fell and broke his front paw. The vet splinted it and we thought it was healing straight, but they took off the bandage 2...
Back