• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Sarah298

1. S

Dental every 3 months and now watery eyes

Thanks for your replies. Jacks Jane - yes scans were taken on the second dental. She had an abscess under a tooth that was removed in that one and the vet said her roots weren’t going through her jaw but were close. Just worried about the stress it’s putting on her on am I doing all that I can...
  2. S

Dental every 3 months and now watery eyes

Hi all a lot has happened since I last posted. Betty, the mum of Jessica had to be PTS just before Christmas because of neurological problems. I took her to the vets expecting to pick up some medicine but they noticed her behaviour was odd and along with other symptoms/ signs she was showing...
  3. S

Hutches *update* change of circumstances

Will have a look thank you. They get unlimited hay but Jess eats very little (dental rabbit) even when we try and temp we with different types and have lots of tunnels and toys to keep them entertained.
  4. S

Hutches *update* change of circumstances

Hi I’m just wondering if anyone had any photos of hutches in the house? We’re also looking at the indoor enclosure at MPH if anyone has pictures of that or something similar. They would be in the front room so ideally in a room that isn’t a rabbit room? Our 2 have always been destructive...
  5. S

Jessica’s dental 3 y/o

I haven’t tried the cookies as I wasn’t sure how well they would be at wearing down teeth. But thinking now even if I could get her eating hay with those she might then start eating more normal hay. Will pick some up today and give them a go, thanks :).
  6. S

Jessica’s dental 3 y/o

Thanks for all your replies. I think I had in mind to go ahead with the X-ray next time she has to go under. Jacks- Jane- I’ve read those links you posted. They are really helpful in understanding what’s going on as I’m finding it all quite daunting with how serious it is really. I’m worried...
  7. S

Jessica’s dental 3 y/o

Thanks for your reply. It’s good that your vet does the xrays as standard, it would be good if all vets did that. We had an X-ray done back in Feb but I think that was of her abdomen as they thought they could feel a lump. I will definitely ask for the X-ray when she’s in next. I’ll find a...
  8. S

Jessica’s dental 3 y/o

Just had the phone call from the vets updating us on Jessica’s dental today. She only had her last dental in February and today she was back in with really bad spurs, a cut to her tongue and ‘teeth all over the place’. The vet said she isn’t sure how long term this could be, forgetting the...
  9. S

my foraging diary

Is forage good for wearing down rabbits back teeth? One of our rabbits has dental problems and were trying to find a hay she will eat but we’re planning on filling our garden with grass and wild plant seeds from shelled warriors as she happily eats that when she’s outside.
  10. S

Molar Removal/Update

Sending vibes, hope he picks up :(
  11. S

X-rays next week for teeth and abdomen

Thanks for the replies and support. I just feel like I’m doing a bad job as I’ve had them at the vets so much compared to when I was growing up and our family pets. Our vet said it’s strange for the plaque as well. We were sent home with metacam once a day until she goes in on Tuesday. I’ve...
  12. S

X-rays next week for teeth and abdomen

Does anyone ever feel as much as they do for their rabbits it isn’t good enough as they seem to get ill so often? I feel like im letting them down. I took Jess to the vets yesterday as she wasn’t acting herself, however still eating (small amounts) and running around. The vets have said she...
  13. S

Indoor house build diary!

That’s really good well done! :) what size is it can I ask? Ours are indoor bunnies but am interested in the idea of getting them a pen for when we’re out.
  14. S

Ileus in dwarf lop rabbit.

I’m so sorry for your loss :( x
  15. S

Jess has been spayed - aftercare

Thank you, will give that a go with the herbs :). With regards to the syringe im just using the one supplies with the food so it goes up to 15ml. *shes just eaten about half a syringe of baby food mentioned earlier. It didn’t have any critical care mixed with it but surely eating something is...
Back