• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Salann

1. S

2 baby kits died

The doe had 6 rabbits. So we took her to another vets today, who said the mother looked ok and the babies were checked and at the time they were not too bad, although one was a little lethargic. The vet checked her milk under a microscope for bacteria and said that was fine, but since coming...
  2. S

2 baby kits died

We had a surprise litter of kits born 2 weeks ago. We had rescued the doe only 3 days before. All was going ok, one of them seems to be a runt, so I have been supplement feeding him and is weight is increasing. The mother wasn’t too well 2 days ago, she seemed to be in pain, had a bit of a...
  3. S

Looking for rabbit savvy vet

Hi I live near Selby, North Yorkshire and I am looking for a rabbit savvy vet. My doe has developed an abscess near her spay incision, months later. I am looking for a second opinion on it, as I am not happy leaving it. I am a bit concerned about cost, as I am currently not able to work, but...
  4. S

Abscess worry

Yes it’s really worrying me and it does seem to be growing. Thankyou, I will ask for a rabbit savvy vet in the chat forum.
  5. S

Abscess worry

Ok thankyou, yes I will ring some of those on the list tomorrow and try and get in to see one.
  6. S

Abscess worry

Thankyou for replying. Well I heard they were supposed to be rabbit savvy, I did some research before she was neutered and on the website it said they had a special interest in rabbits. But they are not on the list you forwarded me. No he didn’t really say a lot just it was an abscess and he...
  7. S

Abscess worry

My 2 year old rabbit was spayed last year, but over the last few months, I noticed a small lump under the skin, near her incision line. I decided to monitor it, but it seemed to grow, so took her to the vets last week. He said that it was an abscess from the suture material used and it sometimes...
  8. S

How long in rabbit stasis?

He has been eating a bit better(although very picky) and pooing, but I noticed this morning there were some soft poos and he had some stuck to his bum which I had to wash off, he doesn’t normally have them, so didn’t know if it was to do with the GI stasis? And is it normal or should I be worried?
  9. S

What other things could also be causing him to not want to eat as much, if it is not his teeth? I will see how he goes but if his eating is not back to normal I will take him back to the vets, but I don’t know what they will suggest next, blood tests? She seemed to rule out his teeth last time...
  10. S

He has never eaten lots of hay, but I guess the amount has just reduced over time and he has eaten more veg etc.. instead.
  11. S

He usually has burgess pellets and then veg like kale, baby leaf salad, rocket, the odd carrot. Hardly any hay, I have tried quite a few varieties and he just eats his other food and hardly touches the hay. I can’t get him to drink much either, so I swapped from a water bottle to a bowl the...
  12. S

He was a very good bunny at the vets and let the vet have a good look at his teeth and she said they were beautiful! But I don’t know if it’s possible to miss anything Back there. Also I was wondering do you just stop the meds when they start to get better or slowly taper off? He has done more...
  13. S

My 1 year old male rabbit started to be a bit off it last Saturday, I noticed he hadn’t eaten his dinner up and he hadn’t done any poos overnight. So I thought he might be in stasis. I kept him hydrated, and gave him some simethicone. The next day he was pretty much the same so I had some...
Back