• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Ruthyjones89

1. Ruthyjones89

Bailey - total ear canal ablation - thoughts?

Eating his pellets like a champ! 💪
  2. Ruthyjones89

Hi all, just to update this post - we went ahead with baileys operation which included a partial canal ablation & bulla osteotomy. Today he’s come home and doing so well. He has a slightly droopy right side which we’re hoping is temporary otherwise doing great! He’s eating well and meds wise is...
  3. Ruthyjones89

Thank you so much everyone! We’ve taken everything into consideration, from his personality to wanting him Pain free. He’s been on daily meds the majority of his life and due to him having sub-cut fluids for the last 2 years, his skin is quite tough and he wouldn’t tolerate penicillin...
  4. Ruthyjones89

Thank you so much everyone and thank you bunnybuddy, yes it was my little girl Honey. I really don’t have any luck with rabbits! :( Bailey has been with us 6 years now and truly is my baby. Over the last 3 years we’ve continued to deal with re-occurring bladder stones and has been on Metacam...
  5. Ruthyjones89

Hi all, it’s been quite a while since I’ve been on here so hope you don’t mind me messaging. Bailey has been to the vets today where we did a head CT. This has shown the worst possible news.. full on middle ear infection which has already eaten away at his bone. The vets feel this is far too...
  6. Ruthyjones89

Bunny bum baths

Thanks Scrappy and everyone else :love: I feel so sorry for him, he's my absolute world and it breaks my heart seeing him uncomfortable. We do have some vetbed left over from when we had Harvey, but Bailey was digging and wouldn't stay on it, so I can only assume he didn't like the feel of it...
  7. Ruthyjones89

Bunny bum baths

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice, really appreciated! Jane - I know exactly what you mean and we we're thinking the same. Well we did already have some cream we'd been using for his sore hocks last year, so we actually used some of that last night and I must say it did help.. and...
  8. Ruthyjones89

Bunny bum baths

Hi jane, no sorry I probably should have mentioned that. It was taken out on Thursday evening as it was beginning to get blocked up. He’s passing clear wee now which is great, it’s just this constant dribbling I can’t cope with and super worried about. He’s back at the vets tomorrow for a check...
  9. Ruthyjones89

Bunny bum baths

Thank you so much, I can honestly say this week has been the worst week ever and we just want him better more than anything xx
  10. Ruthyjones89

Bunny bum baths

Thanks so much! Diet wise, he’s already on a very low calcium diet. He has 5 pellets daily which are Timothy hay based and don’t include any Alfafa. We need these to help keep weight on as were limited to what else we can give him. Herbs/veg wise he only has coriander, basil and parsnip. His...
  11. Ruthyjones89

Bunny bum baths

Hi, sorry it’s been a while since I last posted.. but I’m hoping someone can please help? Bailey was rushed in for emergency surgery on Tuesday to remove a bladder stone which had got lodged in his urethra. He was scheduled for surgery this week anyway but the stone had moved and got lodged in...
  12. Ruthyjones89

Bladder flushing..

Yes, urine can differ in colour but when you look at that tube, there is clearly sediment in there as you can see it caught on the sides of the tube, and I wouldn't be surprised if their are blood particles present - (you can see some of the drops are light and dark, and our vets have always...
  13. Ruthyjones89

Bladder flushing..

Wow, being completely honest I’d be worried there is blood present in there.. especially if it’s coming out in drips, that colour and amount was just like bailey when he was passing blood before we found out he had stones! Has she had an x-ray after the sludge was removed? And are you sure she...
  14. Ruthyjones89

Bladder flushing..

Hi Graciee, Just wanted to see how clementine is doing, and sorry to hear she’s not yet fully recovered. When we get urine samples, we use the back of a puppy pad which is a smooth surface, out of a new packet which won’t allow the urine to absorb, we then use a brand new syringe out of a...
  15. Ruthyjones89

Bladder flushing..

Oh I see, Sorry.. would be better if I actually read things properly! Yeah we just covered the floor in puppy pads, but he gradually just stopped and started doing smaller patches of wees, although their was blood present for a little while too. His willy was bright red the poor little mite...
Back