• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by RosRWAF

1. RosRWAF

Rabbiting On!

Do you know about Rabbiting On, the RWAF's fantastic magazine? The Spring issue is out now and it includes articles from vets and other experts on: Flystrike - risk factors and prevention Examining ears – how to check for problems Physiotherapy – benefits for rabbits Bladder sludge – why it...
  2. RosRWAF

Ban the sale of small hutches

Please help us help the UK's rabbits by signing and sharing this petition. For far too many years rabbits have been confined to tiny hutches. Natural athletes that they are, they need space to run, stretch and play, and they need the company of other rabbits and of people. Let's help fix this...
  3. RosRWAF

The Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund - U/D 30th July Covid 19 & Vaccinations

Here's a good one people may not be aware of. If you are booking a hotel (from 500,000 worldwide) or a meal, you can choose the RWAF as your benefiting charity (we show as Rabbit Welfare Fund which is our charity registration) and we will get commission if you book through this site...
  4. RosRWAF

Thanks Joey and Boo, and also Jack's-Jane of course, we've passed on your details to the person in charge of the auction. Thanks so much for supporting the RWAF, it's very good of you
  5. RosRWAF

Spencer again

We wouldn't agree with waiting. They should be alerted asap to the probability and then that can be backed up later if the results prove positive
  6. RosRWAF

Spencer again

This is very sensible advice and we would strongly advise you to follow it. We also are so sorry that you have lost both your rabbits, you must be devastated
  7. RosRWAF

Spencer again

I'm sorry if this adds to Zarathustra's pain, but I would agree with Jack's-Jane, yes a pm or at least having a PCR test done on liver tissue samples would be a good idea. It would at least give some answers as to the cause. I'm so sorry both rabbits have passed away, heartbreaking.
  8. RosRWAF

Rabbits dying before annual RHD2 booster :-(

It's true that there have been some vaccine failures but most of those seem to have been where breeders have obtained multi-dose phials of vaccine and shared with other breeders. There is the very real danger that the vaccine was not used up within the time limit after opening and that it...
  9. RosRWAF

VACCINATE- Myxo, RHD1 & RHD2 -Updated 1st October 2018

As always, discuss vaccination with your rabbit friendly vet. They are your best adviser. If you aren't sure how rabbit savvy your local vet is, our list of vets we know are rabbit friendly can be found here...
  10. RosRWAF

VACCINATE- Myxo, RHD1 & RHD2 -Updated 1st October 2018

Frequency of vaccination against RVHD2 We're aware that there have been some concerns raised about frequency of vaccination to protect against RVHD2 so wanted to give essential information to owners. All vets that treat rabbits should stock Nobivac Myxo/RHD which protects against Myxomatosis...
  11. RosRWAF

Hi Leanne Your membership of the RWAF doesn't give funds direct to our charity arm, the Rabbit Welfare Fund. We run things very economically so have managed to keep membership subs down to £20 for several years now despite inflation, but that leaves nothing over, and so supporting the charity...
  12. RosRWAF

Important Information Re: RVHD2-Please Read

Rabbits will still needs Nobivac combi as week as one of the imported vaccines. The imported vaccines only protect against RVHD, not against Myxi. Nobivac and he other vaccine mustn't be given within2 weeks of each other, there would be too much strain on the immune system, likely to make both...
  13. RosRWAF

I've stopped foraging as well much to the upset of my rabbits! It simply isn't safe until we have vaccine. Where I live there are no wild rabbits to be seen at all. We are surrounded by farmland and there used to be scores on view, so I expect a population of hundreds in various local...
  14. RosRWAF

We do also have paperwork in place to apply for a second Special Import Licence for a vaccine from a different European country. This was submitted to DEFRA several weeks ago and we are awaiting their response
  15. RosRWAF

Not eaten for 12hrs - worry or not?

It looks like the practice manager is giving (inaccurate) veterinary advice so I would say so, yes. The procedure normally would be to complain to the practice manager but that has been taken out of Beau Belle's hands by the practice manager jumping in first with his/her letter. The practice...
Back