• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by rosaleen

1. rosaleen

Cecothrophs pellets and greens questions rabbits

PS re the cecothrophs. Unfortunately I found a few, thankfully just a few this morning and I’m working on the possibility it's because I increased the amount of brambles she had had yesterday. So ive reduced it back down again today. I checked her bum which is pretty clean.
  2. rosaleen

Hi thanks very much with your advice about prioritising. I asked the vet practice for cost estimates, partly for myself but also to show the previous owner, as back up the MH I sent her, as evidence/ proof of the verbal estimate the vet had given me. These estimates have now arrived...
  3. rosaleen

Panacur oral suspension. which dosage?

Think I’ve finally got by head around the two. I feel like the person with dyslexia who can’t differentiate between the letters b and d. Cole is on Metacam twice a day. So that will help
  4. rosaleen

I’ll try and get my head round it…………..
  5. rosaleen

Thanks
  6. rosaleen

Many thanks to you both. I’ll take your information and advice on board the vet’s MH questions if there may be e.Coli and/or EC see my post at 9.32am yesterday- or is it the day before.
  7. rosaleen

Thanks so much for your very welcome post and praise. Re my getting on top of the cecothrophs issue. I do need to remind myself that something is going right for Cole. I really appreciate such a positive input from you.So well dome you! And thank you. I wasn’t making light of it though, it...
  8. rosaleen

Hi sorry I’m missed your link on bedding. Thanks yet again
  9. rosaleen

Sorry one more last question. As there may possibly always be even a 1% chance of continuing infection should the panacur then be administered every 3 months for 9 days at a time?
  10. rosaleen

I’ll do as you say about removing contaminated hay ASAP
  11. rosaleen

Thanks for your advice on this. They do have a hay rack though it’s not very large They used it a lot when they first came but I suppose me putting down a regular supply of fresh hay in /on the bed was more inviting. You advise a different substrate for their bed - which is also their...
  12. rosaleen

very good to know! Thanks very much
  13. rosaleen

Thanks for this. Both rabbits are having the panacur. not sure what the solution is for contamination. Frequent changes of the hay? normal current procedure is to keep adding fresh hay on top of their existing hay 4-5 times a day. thE hay never feels actually wet because of this. Then regularly...
  14. rosaleen

Edit I’d need to keep doing it the “consider skull rads“ was at the end of his MH so it’s it’s unclear if this consideration was omly for the ears or more likely for all three issues. Ears teeth and eye.
  15. rosaleen

Re my first paragraph. The vet MH saying “suggests. …….. sorry this was wrong for ears. Th MH listed the details of his ear examination and then noted “ear based changes> no overt discomfort but would need close monitoring consider skull rads.” The vet did carefully demonstrate to how to...
Back