• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by randomname

1. randomname

Bonding a quad

Thanks both of you :) Some great stuff there. Especially the video diary. Thank you so much. I bonded the trio, but it was many years ago, I had forgotten the logistics of it all, the videos bought it all back. I bonded them in a pen in the kitchen, I slept on the floor for a week to make...
  2. randomname

Bonding a quad

Been a while since I last posted about our new guy Jim. He sailed through his neuter & vaccs, has been outside for a few months & is loving all the extra room. He's side by side with our trio, who have accepted him without any issues :) Our trio is 11yr old Zak & 2 sisters aged around 5, Janis...
  3. randomname

Japanese Greens

my guys get it occasionally, they love it.
  4. randomname

Bonded rabbits fighting!

Totally agree with both posts above, keep them separate & reintroduce after neutering. If you let them fight they might continue to do so after neutering so it's better to separate them now. They're both feisty, grumpy teens at the moment, so the more space you give them the less they'll fight...
  5. randomname

Dog run/kennel - is this suitable?

Yeah that mesh looks way too big doesn't it? I can email them & ask I suppose :) I'm such a DIY disaster, I have no clue. What kind of base does the shed need?
  6. randomname

Dog run/kennel - is this suitable?

https://dogkennelandrun.co.uk/product/wilton-double-dog-kennel-and-run/ Have been looking at the 20ft version of this. Does any one have any thoughts? My yard is concrete, but would I still need a base for under the shed area to stop it rotting? Is the mesh suitable for rabbits/to keep rats...
  7. randomname

The Welfare Hutch Co

I've had hutches from them, they're awesome. Lovely people to deal with. I think what happened with those reviews was after the fire. If I recall correctly, they had a run of bad luck (can't remember what) then the fire that wiped literally everything out. I think they went quiet & some orders...
  8. randomname

Neutering & after care

LOL yes they did! Must have made him super :) My Mum had a cat in for a tooth extraction yesterday, her heart stopped under anaesthetic & they managed to revive her. They're keeping her overnight. My Ma is distraught, her other cat passed away a couple of weeks ago. Makes me feel guilty that...
  9. randomname

Neutering & after care

Just got back from the vet. She said everything's healing up nice. He hasn't been bothering the area at all :) Basically unless he stops eating or something, they don't need to see him back. She said he's bounced back really well, faster than most. Yay for Super Jim!
  10. randomname

Neutering & after care

Thanks Mighty Max, i think 8 weeks sounds good. Better to be safe than sorry! After a lot of thinking on it last night, I've decided to offer Jim for rehoming IF I can find a top notch home for him. The numbers at the sanctuary are creeping up, so I need to keep tabs on that. However, if a...
  11. randomname

Neutering & after care

He's eaten a whole bowl of nuggets overnight :D He seems almost back to normal this morning. He has a check at the vets at 5pm, so I'll update this thread when we know how things are healing. All in all, it went really well. Can I relax a bit now?! ;)
  12. randomname

Neutering & after care

No access to grass sadly Tonibun. He's got some redigrass, but he prefers the Ings hay for now. Been spying on him. He's moving around pretty well. He hopped on/off the hut & into/out of the litter tray pretty much as normal if a little slower. He's pootling around the cage chin rubbing so I...
  13. randomname

Neutering & after care

That's really reassuring to hear, thank you. You honestly think he's doing really well? I was assuming something was wrong as he usually goes mental for nuggets. I've just given him a couple of fenugreek crunchie treats, a pinch of cress & a pinch of oats. He took them from me, so I'm hoping...
  14. randomname

Neutering & after care

Overnight Jim has eaten some veg & some hay. He has done about 20-30 poops but they're all smaller than usual (about 3/4 of their usual size) He hasn't touched his nuggets which he usually loves. He's lost that thousand yard post med stare, looks normal. He's moving about well, but slowly. He...
  15. randomname

Neutering & after care

He's home. Is alert & moving about. Has eaten some hay & pooped. So far so good. Have to take him back for a free checkup in 2 days. Didn't realise how much I cared until he was under the knife. Only been here a few weeks, already got a soft spot for the cheeky little lad. Can't wait to see him...
Back