• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by rachylou

1. rachylou

Long term metacam

Cookie has been on metacam for the past month due to suspected arthritis and the vet wants to continue on it long term as she feels that given Cookies age the risk of kidney damage is worth taking to keep her comfortable. She just turned 12, anyone else's elderly bunny on metacam long term?
  2. rachylou

Can not locate a thread

Found it http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?245261-Our-Bonding-Journey&highlight=Jimby+cookie
  3. rachylou

Can not locate a thread

That wasn't actually the one I was looking for, I posted a whole thread on the journey from start to finish but my threads don't seem to go back that far for some reason?
  4. rachylou

Can not locate a thread

Thankyou! How did you find that??
  5. rachylou

Can not locate a thread

A friend of mine would like to read my bonding journey with Jims and Cookie but I cant seem to find it, anyone else able to find it for me please?
  6. rachylou

New 3in1 vaccine

She will be vaccinated one way or another for sure. I'm just concerned introducing some new drug at her age.
  7. rachylou

New 3in1 vaccine

Has anyone used this yet? My vet is requesting i book Cookie in for this in December but I am really anxious introducing something new at her age, she will be 12 in Feb. What do you think?
  8. rachylou

Vaccinations and Age

My Jimby and Cookie had their first VHD2 vaccine at the age of 8 and were both fine. I am a little anxious about the new combi vaccine which covers all 3 because Cookie is now 11.5years old and I don't want to be giving her anything new really.
  9. rachylou

Missing my boy

Its strange as obviously the week leading up to his death, when he passed and having to take him to be cremated the pain was immeasurable and I thought I was going to die my heart hurt so much, following those days the pain kind of made me numb I think and I questioned why I wasn't feeling the...
  10. rachylou

Missing my boy

I am missing Jims so much, I am 'coping' because I have no choice but it still hurts so much. I still cant open the bag from the crematorium which has the blanket he was wrapped up in and fur clipping etc, I have 'him' in a bunny urn by my bed. I just cant 'accept' that he is no longer here...
  11. rachylou

Quick response needed please! Dead pigeon

No worries, yeah they do one specifically for pets.
  12. rachylou

I have the pet safe one.
  13. rachylou

I have decided I am going to get some supplies to make this safe for me... Virkon S- x2 sachets Bleach Dettol or similar disinfectant, maybe Zoflora- petsafe of cause. New fire guard so I can throw the old one away. Going to fist clean it with the Virkon, leave to dry and air out Then clean...
  14. rachylou

There is a fire guard there currently but the pigeon is right up against it. Not sure if its a working fire though, must be i giess if a pigeon got in? Maybe I could get a new fire guard, are they all the same size?
  15. rachylou

Is VHD a concern AT ALL here? What would you use to clean the area?
Back