• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Raccooon

1. R

Adding a single to a bonded pair

Hey all, To add some details, I have 2 Netherlands dwarfs, one (unspayed) female and one (neutered) male. I recently got a new female bun, also unspayed, with the hopes of bonding them once the two females are spayed (they're booked in for just after christmas). - I just want opinions/advice at...
  2. R

Building Trust

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this, I've been pretty busy lately. The little boy is neutered, I'll get round to getting the girl done as well at some point in the future, for now I'm keeping an eye on her behaviour. They already get super excited by dinner time! They know that I...
  3. R

Building Trust

Hello, I would really like some advice with my two buns. I have two Netherland dwarf babies, a few month's/ half year old now and I've had them for a couple of months now. I've given them their space, only picked them up to check them over/ stroked them when they've let me, but I don't seem to...
  4. R

Any advice?

I'll be trying them together again tonight, so I can try doing that. Once they have bonded they'll be in my room, I've divided it just about down the middle so they have quite a bit of space.
  5. R

Any advice?

Hi, I recently adopted a 3 year old doe to keep my male bun company( got her yesterday, they are both neutered). I took Bramble with me when I got Tilly, put him with her in the run in the garden and they got on fine, she humped him and he put up with it. They were fine in the carrier together...
  6. R

Your Opinions?

We're pretty sure he did have Myxomatosis, but the vet had a feeling that it was damaged caused by the virus that was actually the cause behind him loosing weight. He appeared to have fought the Myxo off, but he got a secondary infection despite the antibiotics ):
  7. R

Your Opinions?

Thanks for the replies, however took Bumble to the vets today and sadly he was put down :cry: it wasn't fair to keep him going with his condition deteriorating.
  8. R

Your Opinions?

Hey, My bun, Bumble, got ill around 4/5 weeks ago. He's been to the vets a number of times, 4 to be exact and 3 out of 4 of the vets automatically jumped to the conclusion it was mixxy and wanted to put him down on the spot. I said no as I wanted to give him a chance. If it was mixxy, he fought...
  9. R

Defensive of brother?

Thanks for the reply (: They have chilled out a bit now ^^ Both boys are around 2 years old. I was never really scared of being bitten by him, at most he just lunged forwards and when that happened I clenched my hand into a fist and just let him sniff it. It was only the once that him nipped...
  10. R

Strange noise

Just thought I would update the thread, he still makes the noise at the same time in the afternoon when he lays down but isn't showing any other symptoms of illness. I phoned up the vet for advice and he said not to worry and if it got any worse, more frequent or was coupled with more symptoms...
  11. R

Defensive of brother?

Hello! Recently one of my new rabbits, Bramble has been acting agressively towards me in the cage and he is neutered. Outside of the cage he is fine, although not happy to be held but I understand that rabbits don't necessarily like that. Inside the cage if I go to put my hand in (slowly) he...
  12. R

Strange noise

I would say it was more of a squeak rather than a wheeze. Sometimes it sounds a little snotty, like today. But other times it just sounds like a squeaky wheeze. I'm starting to think that maybe he could be snoring? But I wouldn't really know. :? I'll make sure to check his feet and nose ^^ Oh~...
  13. R

Strange noise

Hey, Just recently I re-homed two 2 year old boys, named Bumble and Bramble <3 I haven't gotten round to posting pics up yet :lol: Will have to remember to get round to it. A couple of days ago I heard these... I don't know how to describe it- wheezing or squeaking? Its strange. Bumble only...
  14. R

Can't eat/can eat.

Thank you! This'll help loads :love:
  15. R

Can't eat/can eat.

Hey again (: Just wanted to ask what you guys on here would say was a rabbits diet. I know you see all these rabbit foods but I've heard thats not what they should mainly eat? Not sure if thats right or not so I wanted your opinions. Also when it comes to fresh stuff, whats good and whats bad...
Back