• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by R.P.B.G.G

1. R.P.B.G.G

Belgian Hare needing Competition Votes and all about me too :-)

Hunter won!!!!!! Thank you to everyone that voted 😊
  2. R.P.B.G.G

Less than 5 minutes and hunter is ahead by 5 votes please keep voting for this beautiful bun
  3. R.P.B.G.G

Hunter is so close to winning, with under an hour to go, he was just 13 away from winning, thank you to those who have already voted, and if you haven't already, please can I ask for you to vote now, thank you xx
  4. R.P.B.G.G

Talk to me about - Staphylococcus aureus

I have sourced info direct from my vet, 1 of 6 rabbits came back positive (as before, above normal levels) and 5 all clear. Thanks all for your help, lady involved is feeling slightly more positive now.
  5. R.P.B.G.G

Unfortunatley it has to be Jane for legal reasons (or possible legal reasons) I cannot disclose too much information. (I have to be vague, sorry) Rabbit A. PTS, PM carried out, tests show pos Past and Staph. Lady is fully aware of past, but no experience pf staph. wanted to know all there is to...
  6. R.P.B.G.G

Mxyi threat?

If Myxi is in the area chances are higher of them being bitten by a mozzie carrying it, however there is a chance that you could bring it home, If you are worried, you could change your clothes/shoes etc and have a good wash before seeing to your buns, Myxi is doing the rounds, It is confirmed...
  7. R.P.B.G.G

Hmm back to the drawing board
  8. R.P.B.G.G

Lots I wont disclose but does anyone have any information on Staphylococcus aureus and its connection with Pasteurella? Not a lot of in depth information on the Web, or does anyone have a link to a paper on it? (FWIW this is for someone who is having a horrific time of it at the moment)
  9. R.P.B.G.G

Readigrass

Readi grass is a treat, it should not be substituted as a hay replacement, (unless a one off from time to time) its high in sugar and can cause excess cecal and runny bum
  10. R.P.B.G.G

Duplicate post - please delete

Duplicate post - please delete
  11. R.P.B.G.G

Coccidiosis or What could it be??

Thank you Jane, we are a week in now and have been doing all you have said, I have a seperate overall I use for the sick, and I have been syringing all of them, regardless of whether drinking/eating, I do not agree with pts however, as 2 have been through the thick of it, 1 you would not think...
  12. R.P.B.G.G

I need all the luck I can get, Its taking its toll! Some have responded well, others just seem to be getting worse, its awful!! Thank you for the links, will have a read now and will pick up a steam cleaner today too!
  13. R.P.B.G.G

Ive not been on this forum for a long time, I am in a right conundrum and am at my wits end! We have something spreading through the rabbits, now we have had a diagnosis of coccidiosis, wont go into detail, but after i visited a vet and was told 'colic' not contagious, she died that night, it...
  14. R.P.B.G.G

Moulting

Any bun moults 4 times a year, 2 heavy moults and 2 lighter moults (each bun is different) I help them along my dampening my hands and stroking them, horrid for me, but must help them, We have one girl who seems to be in permanent moult, and others we only notice by colour change in the coat.
  15. R.P.B.G.G

Stray 2 week old bunny with potential myxi

Oh and I do hope the littermates and mum are ok, hope a predator hasnt moved it on or worse dumped because of the eye!
Back