• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Pendragon

1. P

Can I have some advice please?

Oh dear, sounds like it might be more of the same :( When I first bred rabbits years ago I had problems with Cocci, and it did sometimes affect only one in a litter. If you see the same vet you saw last time, then s/he will know what's best. Fingers crossed!
  2. P

Can I have some advice please?

Hi Gem, You didn't say how old she is, but with weight loss like that, especially if she has always been a little smaller, I would suspect Coccidiosis. That's a common cause of sudden weight loss, especially in young buns. I'm sure your vet will have more of an idea, let us know how she gets on.
  3. P

PET RAT ADVICE NEEDED..update

Sorry to hear about Milly - unfortunately tumours are very common in female rats. I agree with all that Tamsin said. Rats are not like rabbits -they have amazing will to live and will carry on doggedly with life when a bunny would have given up. Tumours rarely hurt them, although they are...
  4. P

A Funny Thing Happened In My Bathroom....

HAHAHA! :lol: :lol: Actually her voice was sounding strange because she was bursting for a wee but laughing so much she was afraid she'd wet herself!!!!!!
  5. P

A Funny Thing Happened In My Bathroom....

A few months ago when I was offline, my friend Laura came round one evening for a few glasses of wine and a girly evening. When she went to answer the call of nature (do we drink wine, or merely rent it?) I heard her calling me from the hallway. "Sue!" she said, in a strange voice, "Floyd's in...
  6. P

Build your own Hutch

Hello, I have built a few of my own hutches and it's not always as easy as it looks! But it's fun learning, and I can now wield a power tool as well as any bloke *grin* I don't know on what kind of bunny you're thinking of having, but the measurements seem a little small, particularly if you...
  7. P

My new hamsters

I have Syrians too! I've always known that hamsters from "proper" breeders (I don't mean backyard variety, but those who are members of the hamster show clubs) breed lovely, gentle hamsters which are usually twice the size of the pet shop kind, so mine came from very reputable caring people...
  8. P

so cross (UPDATE-SHE S RINGED)what does x stand for

Been a long time... but... ...I am finally online again after a break of 10 months. Been a hard time in some ways but thankful to be back :) I can answer your question - yes, a ring with the letter x is definitely a Netherland Dwarf. I do have a few things to say though, and that is, I'd...
  9. P

BOred Bunny

Not really home-made, but do consider one of those treat balls.... a good investment. You can fill it with his usual food from his bowl, and he can have fun pushing it around to get the food out. It might take him a little while to work out (consider filling it with something yummy like...
  10. P

Bunnies need loving homes Exmouth, Devon

Oooh, I love Tans! They are usually a bit scatty and active, but nice rabbits all the same. I doubt he will get any bigger - Tans are a small breed, weighing about 4.5lbs [2 kg] when adult.
  11. P

*****Belgian Hare*****

I would think probably a Giant or Giant cross... people often think they are Hares! Maybe sending the rescue lady some pics of the various large breeds would help, if she doesn't have a camera?
  12. P

*****Belgian Hare*****

I'd love to see a pic... the description "grey flecked fur" doesn't sound like a Hare, as they are red agouti... like Henna.
  13. P

Dwarf Lops - Bristol

Awww thank you Alice and Adele... I will pass on your details and see how she's doing.... fingers crossed you can work something out! :D
  14. P

Ringing Rabbits

I wouldn't sell a rabbit as a pet with a ring on... I'd definitely cut it off first. There is no reason to sell a pet rabbit with a ring - it isn't worth more, and there are other ways to indicate that it is pure-bred, using pedigree certificates or even a simple "birth certificate" with...
  15. P

1 month on and still sticky poos!

Amber, the caecal pellets aren't necessarily produced just at night... I have often seen mine eating them in the afternoons and sometimes evening. If you see a rabbit bob its head down to its bottom and bob up again chewing, it's eating the caecals. It's thought they swallow them whole rather...
Back