• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Orenoko

1. Orenoko

Please help! I need to find a good rescue centre to re-home a stray

It's lovely that you saved this bunny from what sounds like a terrible fate. If you're taking the rabbit to the vet you could ask them about any local rescues, but I would also contact the RSPCA as well explaining the circumstances. Rescues are suffering at present but even if the local RSPCA is...
  2. Orenoko

EC help

Recovery from EC can take a long time, and is not always a straight path unfortunately. Definitely speak with your vet for their view just in case there is something else going on. Sending lots of vibes for your little boy.
  3. Orenoko

Bonding my two female rabbits

Your bunnies are adorable! Agree with Omi, females can be tricky to bond and spaying is not only good for their health but will hopefully make things a bit easier. If Willow isn't spayed I'd look to get her booked in ASAP and then as soon as Jinx is old enough do the same. It is best to...
  4. Orenoko

Bonded pair- I need desperate help

It may be worth a vet check for Theo just to make sure there's nothing amiss, but hopefully just a very exuberant case of spring fever that will pass soon.
  5. Orenoko

my new rabbit!!!

You may find that as a solo bunny he gets bored more easily and this could lead to destructive behaviours, but not always. Some bunnies are just naturally very chilled. They do prefer company of others and are happiest with another bunny friend but he'd need to be neutered first etc. Neutering...
  6. Orenoko

my new rabbit!!!

On the face of it no, I can see you have the lid open, if you plan to keep it open 99% the time and just have the cage as a "safe space" for him it may be sufficient. But if he will spend a lot of time in it you may want to consider something bigger when you can. Unfortunately pet shops are...
  7. Orenoko

Blindness

I don't have any advice re how to help him tell when the pen is open unfortunately, but I just wanted to share my experience with a blind bun. My boy Rupert went blind from cataracts and adapted remarkably well. He's had some more recent issues but that was due to needing one eye removed but...
  8. Orenoko

Bunny won't use litter tray since operation

Another update for my little man Rupert, he went back to the vet for a recheck today and the update was relatively positive, he is peeing less and sploofing more so he appears to be happier in himself. He still circles, I think it's slightly reduced but hard to tell. He's been on panacur since...
  9. Orenoko

RIP Harry

Binky free Harry, 13 is such a great age bless him x
  10. Orenoko

Could Sophie get some vibes? Another dental

I'm glad the vet have hopefully got to the root of the problem (pun not intended!) but completely sympathise with your frustrations over not feeling heard. I hope Sophie makes a full recovery!
  11. Orenoko

Yeah I thought they did, just haven't had time to get to one, hopefully will arrive tomorrow.
  12. Orenoko

Little update, urine test came back fine so we're not dealing with a UTI. I was away for 2 days so haven't been able to watch Rupert as much as normal but the pet sitter didn't report any issues. He has been continuing with the metacam and I've noticed he is doing small sploofs so I think it's...
  13. Orenoko

Skin tear on back after bunny fight

Yep, vet treatment is needed to make sure she is OK and there's no infection. We can't always tell with the naked eye. Post-spay you can try re-bonding once her hormones have settled but you need to be prepared that they may not take to each other.
  14. Orenoko

Raven is gone March 20 24, Apr 15 24 tribute post 27

You absolutely haven't let little Raven down, I'm so sorry you lost him, he had an amazing life with you and I can understand how deeply you are feeling his loss. Rest in peace little one xxx
  15. Orenoko

Yes maybe it's worth giving him a course of panacur - I can definitely ask the vet.
Back