• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Nyx

1. N

Do you shut your bunnies in at night?

I have house rabbits but I do keep them in their cages at night as there's lots of things that could happen to them at night.
  2. N

Advice for Single Male Rabbit

Before I got Coco I gave Bigwig a cuddly fish he snuggled up to it, groomed it and pretty much made friends with it. To this day he snuggles with Coco and Fish in his basket. Perhaps getting him a cuddly toy will work
  3. N

One eyed Rabbit

Thanks everyone, Bigwig pulled through and I'm going to pick him up after work xxx
  4. N

Bladder full of sludge..Surgery or manage with diet?

I admit I've not had personal experience with urine scald but I would try to manage it with diet, simply because its less stressful for the rabbit. Ask the vet to help you work out a diet plan and adjust as need be hopefully he'll respond well. Good luck xx
  5. N

Will they ever be friends again?

Girlies get nasty hormones. Coco after spaying took a couple of weeks for the hormones to disipate. After that it'll take a while to bond them. I recommend the 'little and often' approach 10 minuets or less in a neutral space (in my case the shower room) don't worry if there's a bit of chasing...
  6. N

Burgess Excel

Burgess actually do a food designed for older rabbits http://www.burgesspetcare.com/product/mature-rabbit-nuggets-with-cranberry-and-ginseng/
  7. N

One eyed Rabbit

Bigwig has a nasty growth pushing his eye out of its socket. His eye needs to be removed. He'll be going into surgery tomorrow and even though he only has a 50/50 chance of making it I want to know if there's anything I can do if he makes it to make his life easier. Also does anyone else have a...
  8. N

Fallout after hospitalisation

Thanks guys they're both getting along better now
  9. N

Fallout after hospitalisation

Hi all Bigwig was hospitalised with gutt stasis on Friday and was released on Sunday night. Bigwig and Coco have always been a tight knit pair they adore each other but since Bigwig got out of hospital they've been bickering. Whenever Coco approaches to wash Bigsy the two start bickering. I'm...
  10. N

how to litter train female rabbit

Girlie's get very territorial even when spayed do you separate DeeDee and Ben at night? Bigwig and Coco play together all day and use the same tray but at the end of the day Coco needs to wind down so she has a separate cage which is her space. I think DeeDee might be marking in a really...
  11. N

Odd question!

He's marking. Bigwig did this constantly when he hit his teens. After he's neutered he may continue this behaviour for about a week (that's how long Bigwig and Coco took) until their hormones have worn off.
  12. N

Stasis

Personally I've noticed that breeding can play a huge part in stasis. I have Lionheads, Coco is a pedigree but a genetic throwback and the runt of the litter so she's no use for showing or breeding and she's never had gutt stasis in fact she's never been seriously sick she once had a blocked...
  13. N

Is it weird for men to have pet rabbits?

It's not weird at all. I was actually watch a show on Animal Planet and there was some club or something raising Netherland Dwarfs and the reason I remember was all the members were blokes. Despite what most people would have you believe you don't have to walk around with a staffie or pitbull to...
  14. N

Rabbit village in Wales?

I know where you mean. It's an attraction at a place called Machinations in Llanbrynmair. The Rabbit Village is shown on their website.
  15. N

Jeremy Kyle has a new fan...

My rabbits like Jeremy Kyle too. Even nervy Coco starts binkying when the title music starts lol
Back