• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by NickyB

1. N

Know Your Rabbit Day-WIN WENDY HOUSE & RUN! THE WINNER IS...

Have sent the money for 5 tickets via paypal :D
  2. N

Rabbit Rehome *Car Sticker*-Order Yours!!

I've just ordered 4. These are such a great idea - I plan to have one of each in my car and give the other two to family members.
  3. N

Foster buns enjoying the garden

We let our foster buns, Saucerer & India, have some free range time in the garden this weekend after using the pen to split the garden in half so that our own buns, Crunchie & Ross, didn't have to miss out. The hard decision was which half to give to which pair - but in the end we decided the...
  4. N

WANTED: Doe <1year in Herts/Cmbs/Beds/Essex

I can definitely recommend Caroline at the rabbit residence. Both of our buns have come from there - originally we got Ross to go with our existing house bunny Heidi, then when Heidi died we went back and chose Crunchie. Caroline is always very busy but after she'd told us who was available we...
  5. N

Why did you choose rabbits?

I had cats, a dog and various hamsters as a child - until a friend's mum took in a rabbit from her friend who was moving, and the rabbit turned out to be pregnant and had 4 babies so my mum let us have one (I think it was mainly to help out rather than wanting us to have more pets!). Not...
  6. N

Ernie- My siamese cat

Awww...I love siamese! I have two siamese girls myself - they're just coming up for 8 months old. I only get good pictures of them when they're asleep - the rest of the time I just can't get them to stay still (or quiet!) for long enough to get a non-blurred picture. Their coats can also...
  7. N

Introducing Crunchie...and possibly more buns to come!

yes Crunchie was on RR (think she still is actually!) - her sister was also lovely but there was just something in Crunchie's eyes when she looked at us and we knew she was the girl for Ross. The siamese is ours - we have two beautiful girls, Millie & Kiri, who are 7 months old: They both...
  8. N

Yes, she actually has a rip in her ear all the way across. The rescue had some half-wild bunnies in the area next to her and she managed to escape one night and get into a fight! Ross also has a rip in his ear (from before the rescue took him in) which was part of the reason we chose Crunchie...
  9. N

This is our new bunny Crunchie having her first run in the garden this weekend: Ross also enjoyed his time in the garden and had to check that all his favourite plants had not been removed whilst he was at the rescue bonding with Crunchie: They're not quite a loved up couple as yet but the...
  10. N

This photo made us so happy!

This photo of Ross having a snooze on Sunday morning has made us so happy as its the first time we've seen him completely relaxed. After the crazy month he has had (he was bonded, moved into his new home with us and then lost his new partner all within a matter of weeks) we were worried it...
  11. N

Heidi

Our beautiful girl Heidi had to be put to sleep yesterday evening. She'd had a mammary tumour removed last week and had been deteriorating in the last 24hours. A chest xray showed huge amounts of fluid on the lungs and when the vet showed us the blood and nasties in the fluid she'd drained off...
  12. N

Advice needed please - UPDATE: mammory cancer - whats the prognosis?

Just heard from the vet that the analysis on the lump has come back - and it was a mammary carcinoma. There was a reasonable margin of healthy tissue around the lump so it is hoped it was all removed but theres also a good chance it has already spread. Our vet is particularly concerned about...
  13. N

Thanks, I'll look into the oats thing. She really doesn't seem to be in pain - not hunched up or teeth grinding. And the heavy breathing doesn't seem to be stopping her behaving as usual, she's a free range house bunny and comes bounding over to say hello if you walk past her. Its just...
  14. N

This might be a bit of a long post but please bear with me, I really need some advice... We got Heidi from the RSPCA last year. She had been found as a stray and was estimated to be about 4 years old. When they spayed her they discovered she had uterine cancer but believed they removed it all...
  15. N

Spaying an older bunny

My bun Heidi came from a rescue last year. She had been found as a stray and was estimated to be around 4 years old. When she was spayed they found she had cancer and if she hadn't been found and spayed when she was they don't think she'd have stood a chance. When we took her in we were told...
Back