• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by moonturtle

1. moonturtle

Happy Gotcha Day Bojangles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One year ago today, I went to Felicia's apartment to take a little bunny home whom she had saved from an abusive owner. We saved each other Bojangles Baggins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. moonturtle

Bunny combing

Hi all. I read an article saying that you should not comb your rabbit. Bojangles is half lionhead and her fur gets matted in her stomach (we just had a hospital stay with this.) And she also has an eye condition that causes goop to build up in her fur under her eye. I bought a little dog and cat...
  3. moonturtle

While you were sleeping...!!!

:lol::lol::lol: I love it!!!! I love how mischievous they are and they look at you like, "I know you aren't going to yell at me." This evening, I had a glass of Sprite on the floor beside my bed. I got up to do something and Bojangles was hopping around. I hear something crash and look over...
  4. moonturtle

False Widow Rabbit Death?

This is why I am so glad Bojangles is a house bunny. I sweep around everyday to keep the bugs at bay. Worse thing I found in my apartment was a cockroach. I saw it on the floor and thought it was one of Bo's hairballs (she was shedding badly.) She hopped past it and it scurried away. I grabbed a...
  5. moonturtle

Flying with rabbits

I looked into it a bit (there was a visa scare in September and I thought I was going to have to leave the country quickly and was looking into what to do with Bo.) The only airlines that fly to the States from Korea that would allow animals are United and Delta. That would be no issue, the...
  6. moonturtle

Flying with rabbits

Hi all, Some things are happening here (won't go into details,) but I am thinking of leaving Korea for the States in March when this contract is over. Of course, Bojangles will be coming with me. My question is, has anyone ever flown with a rabbit before and if so, how traumatic is it on...
  7. moonturtle

I know this is now getting off topic, but what state William? I am from Ohio and don't think I have ever seen a recluse or widow, but we get HUGE garden spiders and those horrible orb weavers on the side of the house in summer at night. I love things like gardening and helping my father with...
  8. moonturtle

I, sadly, do not know enough about the ecological system of the UK to know about spiders. We have both of those species in the States.:D
  9. moonturtle

This may be true or it may not be true. Although I do have a severe phobia of spiders, I am not trying to demonize them. But, some spiders do have venomous bites, like the brown recluse and black widow. It is quite possible that a spider bite could kill a rabbit. I know spiders will only bite...
  10. moonturtle

Just more proof in my mind that spiders are evil and need to be destroyed. *shudder* I am terrified of spiders. I have come to peace with them in saying that if they are outside, they are fine. That is where they belong. But, once they invade my comfort zone, they need to die. Luckily, I have...
  11. moonturtle

Bojangles's love for Teddy

Hi all. I have another question. I have a teddy bear that was given to me by my grandmother the day I was born. I have never been without this bear and still make sure it is in my bed with me at age 35. This poor bear has been through hell and back and is a little worse for the wear. His fur is...
  12. moonturtle

Loving bunny

Ok, another bunny behavior question. Bojangles has always been a little aloof. She played and knew me, but she was never really a snuggler. Recently, she has been wanting to be near me. She wants up on the bed with me, she wants to play a lot, and she follows me everywhere. I am not complaining...
  13. moonturtle

Making Mom do work

I have a bookshelf and Bo was jumping up on the lowest shelf then stretching and jumping up on the higher shelves and eating the books. I finally bought a huge stuffed Totoro from a woman who was leaving Korea and placed it in front of the bookshelf. Bo eyeballed the Totoro for about a month...
  14. moonturtle

Making Mom do work

Trust me Thumps, Bo was thinking how to pull it off. About 20 minutes after I put it up, she was working at the cardboard.
  15. moonturtle

Making Mom do work

I have to share this story, it made me laugh today. Bojangles was chewing at a patch of wallpaper. I walked over and chased her away, then I got a piece of cardboard to cover the spot up (she has been after this particular spot for some reason.) As I am cutting the tape to put up the cardboard...
Back