• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by mismatchbunnies

1. M

Bonding help please - experience needed

Hi, I could be wrong but I really don’t think the nuggets are what are causing it. They are fed Marriages cold pressed pellets which are meant to be much easier for them to break down and move in the gut more easily, as well as having more nutrients than most pellets so I wouldn’t really want to...
  2. M

I’ve seen small clumps of fur which they have pulled out of one another when mounting, but this is usually when I have put them on a small place to work it out. As I mentioned, I really don’t think Bella will accept being dominant. She is the bigger one. She was here first. And she still shows...
  3. M

Fluffy was neutered around 1 year old due to him being a rescue. He will be turning 3 in around February/March time we think. He was from pets at home originally and we knew the previous owner so are pretty sure of his age. How could we know if there is a problem with his adrenal gland? Is this...
  4. M

Bella and Fluffy are our 2 year old rabbits who have been bonded since November 2019. They are not related and both are fixed. Bella was with us first and around 6 months later we ended up getting Fluffy unexpectedly and took him on as a rescue. We started the bonding process and it took us...
  5. M

Vaccinations whilst on antibiotics

My two house rabbits have been on antibiotics for nearing 6 months now due to suffering from snuffles which we believe is likely chronic now. One is on 0.67 baytril and the other 0.55 sulfatrim, both twice daily. The problem we have now got is that they are both due for vaccinations but my vet...
  6. M

Metacam dose for Sponge needed

A few others have mentioned that 2ml twice a day does seem a lot. How much does the bunny weigh? My 3kg bunny is currently on 1.1ml of metacam once a day (given this is only for inflammation, not pain). Although, my vet has said that rabbits tolerate metacam quite well and can actually tolerate...
  7. M

Should baytril and sulfatrim be refrigerated?

Quick question, should the liquid formal of oral baytril be kept refrigerated or not? Same question for sulfatrim oral drops. I’ve found conflicting answers online. Neither medications say on the box whether to keep refrigerated or not.
  8. M

Bonding Adult Bunny with new puppy

I agree with this completely. Bonding in the rabbit sense of the word is not realistic in most cases (I’d argue a rabbit can only ever be truly bonded to another rabbit or human in some cases). However, tolerance can be achieved and even affection to some degree. Although, as already stated...
  9. M

Litter training & hay

I agree with this. Best way to litter train rabbits in my opinion is putting half good quality hay and half pellets in a litter tray (rabbits should eat their body size in hay daily), and they tend to figure it out themselves providing they are spayed/neutered. Also ensure the litter tray is a...
  10. M

Bonding service needed Northwest

Not sure about bonding services in the north west. Is there a reason you don’t wish to bond them yourself? Correct me if I’m wrong but you’ve only just started bonding them a couple of days ago haven’t you? I’d try to persevere on my own if I were you and just ask for any advice/questions you...
  11. M

Rabbits not liking their new shed

I’d say it’s likely they’re still getting used to the new environment. Likely lots of new smells and noises etc which they aren’t used to, so it will take a little time for them to establish the shed as their own. Is it a new shed or has it been previously used for something else? Possibly with...
  12. M

Bad weather...should I bring them inside?

Not much advice on the bringing the rabbits inside as I am very much an advocate of house rabbits for a number of reasons. But I will just note that I personally wouldn’t put tunnels/hidey houses in the area you will be bonding the rabbits until their bond has been cemented. Mainly because one...
  13. M

Bonding a Dwarf

Short rides are definitely an option I’d say, even though I haven’t used them myself. Some don’t agree with this but I would say it could be a good way for the bunnies to find comfort in one another & it’s unlikely your girl would try to bite him in that situation. Definitely make sure you clean...
  14. M

Bonding a Dwarf

First of all, you’re definitely not failing by having 3 single bunnies! Everyone has different opinions on how to bond. Personally, if I were in your situation and you feel that bonding the rabbits will give them a both a better quality of life & is in the best interests of both of them (this...
  15. M

How long can sulfatrim be used for?

Thank you all. Good to know that people have used sulfatrim for more than 14 days without issue, as well as using it alongside metacam/meloxicam. I’ll still keep a close eye on him as usual, especially if longer treatment is required.
Back