• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Mirth

1. M

Zebra stripes

Never heard of that, photos once she's healed up? Some animals have black skin under dark or black fur, but a lot have light skin. I have seen patches of pigment, but not stripes. Are you sure she's a rabbit? :lol:
  2. M

"Recovery" set-up.

:thumb: Great recovery set up :D
  3. M

Struggling with bonding, may have to consider rehoming

Firstly I wouldn't try bonding them until the baby is older and neutered. She could be picking up on the baby's developing hormones and feels threatened, if you do bond them, then they could have a falling out once the baby become hormonal. I would treat the baby for respiratory infection, as...
  4. M

bonding stalemate

I bonded my first pair in the garden everyday, by accident. She escaped from her run, but they had got used to each other by then and he just ignored her, once she was out he would chase her a little to keep away, but no major fights. Then everyday I'd put them on opposite sides of the garden...
  5. M

Petition to stop Top Shop selling Angora products

Asos has stopped selling it now. "Topshop came out with a statement saying that it had instructed its suppliers ‘to halt the sourcing of product containing angora fibre’ whilst it investigates alternatives. Asos told us today that it will be angora free by the end of the year, and customers...
  6. M

bonding stalemate

I would say that separating them at night was prolonging the problem. As they haven't properly sorted themselves out yet and then they don't see each other until the morning. I'd be tempted to leave them together over night as that way they can sort themselves out properly. She's not going to be...
  7. M

where to get hay quick

or if there's any close to you and easy to get too, pet warehouses or p@h has the oxbow timathy hay to tie you over.
  8. M

Bun digging sawdust out of part of hutch

Hempcore is as cheap as megasorb but nicer and not as dusty. It actually helped my asthma when I cleaned everything out. Still messy like woodshavings but smells nice :D
  9. M

Petition to stop Top Shop selling Angora products

M&S are selling them too. :(
  10. M

Rabbit hates being picked up

I managed to to turn a terrified rabbit into getting used to and be still when being handled, not ideal like RogerRabbit999 amazing ways with rabbits and understanding them and listening to them, but this was going back 10 years and I thought I'd share. I adopted Peter as a friend for Peta and...
  11. M

Best feeding for (another) underweight pregnant doe?

She might need bringing indoors with no fat to keep her warm :(
  12. M

Best feeding for (another) underweight pregnant doe?

oh jeeze poor thing :( How can people be so carelessly cruel!? :censored: You might find that she'll struggle with her weight after having babies too, I guess it's a case of give her as much hay as she wants, slowly introduce pellets and other things. At this point she's going to gorge herself...
  13. M

Shock news!!

Yeah super fluffy rabbits are really hard to check! :lol: Took us a while to find an angora/lionhead's bits so I can understand from that. :lol: Blueberry probably has a weird penis :lol: :oops: and he's been neutered so they must've found something. :lol: Maybe it's not fully a discended plum...
  14. M

The pair won't rebond and now they'll be alone over winter :(

Is it possible to keep them in over winter? Since they act 100% bonded inside then try them again in the spring? Would your single bun bond with any of them? Not sure what else to suggest :(
  15. M

Shock news!!

Rabbits can breed from 12 weeks old give or take. The boys I see usually have dropped and acting stroppy by 12 weeks, they can suck them in when cold or scared, but it's usually pretty easy to sex. Females are fertile around that age too, some a little later. 5 months should be very obvious what...
Back