• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by melaniejb

1. M

Rabbit Residence Rescue

Where can I find details of Ronnie? I've looked on here and on the RRR website!
  2. M

Rabbit Residence Rescue

We were hoping for Glen - we would like an older bun (8+) ideally. The person who replied didn't suggest any others for us.x
  3. M

Rabbit Residence Rescue

Scrap that! I've had a reply and sadly the bunny that we were hoping for is unwell so not up for adoption at the moment :(
  4. M

Rabbit Residence Rescue

Not yet! I texted Caroline though and she contacted Amy, asking her to look out for my emails! I've resent my form and photos...I completely understand how busy everyone is but I'm on tenterhooks plus my Poppy is lonely! How long does the adoption process usually take? (not asking in a...
  5. M

Rabbit Residence Rescue

I'm in exactly the same boat FloLo! I sent off my application form last week and haven't heard from them yet. Who are you hoping to get?
  6. M

WANTED! Older buck!

Thank you for the links! We applied for Glen last week & are waiting to hear back from the rescue! I will keep my eye on the oa bunnies blog though! 👍🏼
  7. M

WANTED! Older buck!

:wave: :wave: :wave: to everyone who remembers me and everyone 'new' too! Our beautiful boy Albert had to be PTS 3 weeks ago (aged 13/14) and he leaves behind Poppy (10 years). We are searching for an older boy for her to bond with but are struggling to find one at an appropriate age (8+). We...
  8. M

Albert

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. It means a lot. I feel a bit like our grief is not as valid as had we lost a dog or cat.
  9. M

Albert

I haven't been on RU for ages so people probably don't remember me, although you may know me from facebook, but sadly we had to put our beautiful Albert to sleep last night. We got Albert and Poppy in 2005 and this forum was invaluable for the first few years of rabbit ownership. I've just...
  10. M

Recurrent conjunctivitis/eye infection with no visible teeth issue

Thanks for the info on this Jane as my rabbit Albert is pretty close to the end I feel (he's 12-13ish) and he has a recurring eye infection. Poor bunny.x
  11. M

Infected tear duct advice please!

Thanks for the replies everyone! I've got an appointment in half an hour so hopefully it'll just be a case of antibiotics. :)
  12. M

Infected tear duct advice please!

It looks as though Albert has an infected tear duct (clear/white discharge). He's eating normally, pooing normally, moving around normally, doesn't seem to be in any pain. I can't feel any unusual lumps or bumps. But he is 12 years old. I'm going to call the vets this morning to see if I can...
  13. M

Christmas tree...to eat or not to eat??? That is the question!

Do we ban the buns from the room with the Chrimbo tree in it or do we let them nibble the bottom branches???
  14. M

Help!

She's been to the vets today and was jabbed a few times with pain killer and gut stimulation drugs. She's currently in the litter tray eating hay but ignoring the broccoli that Albert is munching on...:?
  15. M

Help!

We've been away for weekend and have come home to a packet of rice on the floor of the rabbits' room. I don't know how much they have eaten. My fiance's parents last came to feed the buns at about 12 today so it's happened fairly recently. They are pooing (white poos) and picking at hay...
Back