• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by MaxAndMolly

1. MaxAndMolly

Am I too nervous about my sick rabbit?

So sorry to hear this. But you did absolutely everything you could for her xx
  2. MaxAndMolly

Litter training advice please.

Yes, the hutch had been used before. We scrubbed it and disinfected it but it may still smell of other rabbits to them. Hopefully they will stop doing it eventually but in the meantime it’s really annoying! I cleaned the hutch out today and the minute I’d finished, Taylor hopped in and did a wee...
  3. MaxAndMolly

Litter training advice please.

Sorry, I know this subject has been done to death, but our problem is quite specific. Teddy and Taylor (male and female) are one year old rescue rabbits. They are neutered and spayed and pretty tame by rabbit standards. They are outdoor rabbits, but come inside a couple of times a week for...
  4. MaxAndMolly

Our rabbits won’t eat hay....advice please

Thanks, that’s exactly what we’re doing :thumb:
  5. MaxAndMolly

Thanks everyone. I’ll stop worrying then. Teddy has spent most of today sunbathing. I discovered that if I put a pile of hay right under his nose, so he can eat it without having to get up, he’ll eat it. So I guess he’s just lazy :lol: Several times today I’ve crept up on them to spy on them...
  6. MaxAndMolly

Ah, that’s interesting. I thought one eggcup full per rabbit was the recommended amount. We used to give Max and Molly a little bit more than that because they LOVED pellets. We’re being stricter with these two! Taylor is medium sized, but Teddy is a big rabbit. Apparently a Dutch, but the...
  7. MaxAndMolly

Really helpful replies, thank you. We’re giving them about two eggcup’s worth of pellets between them a day. I didn’t know droppings would be darker if they eat mainly grass - that would explain why Max and Molly’s were so dark then. And also why Teddy and Taylor produced light brown droppings...
  8. MaxAndMolly

Meet Starbuck and costa, what age do vaccinate and change of food.

So sorry to hear this :cry:
  9. MaxAndMolly

Eating Only Greens

How is Bertie getting on? It’s heartbreaking when they grieve this much :cry::cry:
  10. MaxAndMolly

Our previous rabbits, Max and Molly, showed very little interest in hay. We tried different varieties, different places to put it, reducing pellets etc, but nothing made any difference. Luckily they spent a lot of time running free-range in the garden, so they ate plenty of grass and leaves etc...
  11. MaxAndMolly

What does this mean?

They’re super settled already. Very happy being handled. Have been lovely on the sofa with the kids this evening. Very chilled - to the point of practically meltingly relaxed after a bit! And outside they’ve started to develop favourite spots, and explore the garden ‘free range’ - but under very...
  12. MaxAndMolly

What does this mean?

Now with photos It’s taken a while to figure out how to post pictures in here. Here are Teddy (brown and white) and Taylor (grey and white): Aren’t they lovely :love:
  13. MaxAndMolly

Hay suppliers - quality and quantity advice

Thank you everyone. I looked again at Colehay. Although they don’t list the weight of an ‘individual bale’ of their Timothy hay, I saw their individual bales of straw are listed as 10Kg. Assuming the hay is roughly the same weight, and adding on the £7.50 delivery charge, their prices look less...
  14. MaxAndMolly

What does this mean?

Just popping back on to this thread to update on our new arrivals :love: Teddy and Taylor arrived three days ago, from a rescue centre. They are settling in very well. They’re bonded, which was important to us because Max and Molly were besotted with each other, which was one of the many things...
  15. MaxAndMolly

Hay suppliers - quality and quantity advice

Can anyone offer any advice on hay suppliers for the new bunnies? (One year olds from a rescue centre). They like their hay much more than Max and Molly ever did! We’re considering these two suppliers: https://www.timothyhay.co.uk/products/2016-20kg-of-timothy-hay ... 18kg at £40 seemed...
Back