• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Mark1

1. Mark1

New concerned parents attempting bonding......

Just an update, the fur pulling has virtually stopped, may be once a week and far more playful, other than that. as said before, they are just so loved up I can't believe it. So much licking, cuddling and even kissing, never seen anything like it! If one strays away out of sight, the other will...
  2. Mark1

Thanks for the reassurance, will try the anti-stress if we can't calm the chase. This is where we are at the moment, we have been trying to witness whatever causes the initial chase but without success, however, we have been monitoring the chase and letting it continue a while longer to see if...
  3. Mark1

Just a quick update, they are still very much loved up, 97% of the time, it's just may be once a day the female still gives chase and pulls fur. Never bites, but I am more concerned that the chase is so frantic that the male get injured from the chase. Once I have waved a towel in to separate...
  4. Mark1

Pen sides, how tall?

Yes, I was thinking of something similar myself, my sketches are also similar:D @Casco - sorry...... My English spot can sure jump onto the sofa and elsewhere no problem, strange how she does not attempt to escape the current pen with sides only a little over 2 foot.
  5. Mark1

Pen sides, how tall?

Yes, it's for an indoor run, sorry I wasn't clear. The cats no concern, he's an old boy now, just the rabbits being escapologists. The bonding area I have them in is separated from the rest of the house by a sheet of plywood that is 800mm (2.6ft) tall, they've been in here a week without...
  6. Mark1

Pen sides, how tall?

How high do you guys think pen sides should be? I see some as short as 700mm (2 1/4) feet and some over 1m (3 feet).
  7. Mark1

Binkys in my lounge!

I'm sure some of you have read my bonding thread and the fact our rabbits have now become house rabbits. We let them out of their pen each evening and they have free roam of the lounge and hallway, well tonight after their usual sniffing 'where's that cat', they both did a binky! So pleased...
  8. Mark1

Lighting new indoor enclosure

Thank you, working on a solution:)
  9. Mark1

Thanks, still going really well, soooo loved up!
  10. Mark1

Our cat may have other ideas.....Although he pays them zero attention when they are out and supervised, I would / could not leave them out together. We'll see how it goes, may be we can bunny a proof another room so they get out more unsupervised. We do seem to have the two laziest bunnies...
  11. Mark1

Unfortunately not. I hear what you're saying and we would like a larger space for them but, it is several times the size of the hutch we rescued them both from plus it's clean, dry and warm. Plus they will be roaming when ever we are in.
  12. Mark1

Those of that you have read my thread in the bonding section will know that we are in the last stages of bonding our pair and they have a really nice large bunny shed with large run to go in. BUT, now they have been living in our entrance hallway for a few days whilst bonding, we cannot bear to...
  13. Mark1

They have been doing so well together. Saturday, she pulled a couple of times, yesterday once before breakfast and once today before breakfast. It's getting like she can't be bothered anymore which is great. They went to the bunny shed for a few hours yesterday and were fine there and they had a...
  14. Mark1

Can't get this video clip to work here so just click on the FB link. -
  15. Mark1

A really uneventful night, other than the constant licking, chewing and throwing. There was a small amount of chasing and fur pulling about 9 this morning but their breakfast was later than usual and there was a cat outside the window, few minutes later, back to licking. They seem to be all...
Back