• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Maizy

1. M

HELP with head-tilt. What to do next??

Would agree with Sky-O re the antibiotics ( or at least make a quick call to the vets for options). As for the practicalities, just making him feel secure will help with the disorientation. Soft surroundings and support, but I'm sure you're doing that anyway. :) Good luck and I hope he starts...
  2. M

Post GA advise please - jaw absess

Have had a couple of buns with jaw abscesses, so can understand your concern. Have to agree with what's been said in that I think he's probably still too sore and bruised where the incisor has been removed to cope with much. Flynn needed surgery in September and I had critical care (fine grind)...
  3. M

Oxbow Bunny Basic Pellets

I have my spayed girlies on it with no weight gain issues at all. Just remember that weight gain is a risk with neutered females, no matter what food they are on, the appetite can seriously increase, so if you are aware of the risk, you can keep an eye on her and reduce the quantity if needs be. :D
  4. M

Oxbow Bunny Basic Pellets

Have had my buns on it since 2006. Absolutely love Oxbow products, superb quality .:D
  5. M

New arrivals at Walsall RSPCA - photos of the girls added post 30

Aww they are lovely :love::love: Have to say, Fudge, Georgie and Dudley are my heat stealers!
  6. M

2011 Foraging

Scaremongering? really? Where's that coming from? It's always wise to be cautious, especially if you are new to foraging. It's fine for those who have done it for years and are confident with plant identification ( all stages of it ) and are equally confident with their surroundings, but many...
  7. M

Could hay be contaminated with anything that may cause excess cecatrophs?

Hay could be contaminated by any number of things environmentally. It's unlikely to be contaminated if it's been through a process, has been bagged and purchased through a shop, but even then it has the potential to be exposed to things in a warehouse. Any hay you purchase as a bale from a farm...
  8. M

What cleaning products to use on shed lino??

Trigene is a good safe product you can make up and use as a floor cleaner. You can buy it online as a concentrate and make it up as you need it. It has a good shelf life.:D
  9. M

What is inside the Ice pods?

Sounds similar to the stuff that came out of the snugglesafe I magaged to melt over winter. :oops:
  10. M

Frontline- Cats

Not from yesterday afternoon, no.
  11. M

Frontline- Cats

It's in an alcohol base. Would evaporate very quickly.
  12. M

Frontline- Cats

Couldn't be any more positive.:) Publications from the vet directorate and the pharmaceutical industry are usually robust. The safety margin of Frontline is HUGE!
  13. M

Frontline- Cats

You won't please don't worry.:D
  14. M

Frontline- Cats

Trust me, it's ok after it's dry. :D Read the final paragraph of the link below. This is a reliable source and one I use routinely at work. If you are worried that bedding or some other textiles were affected when it was wet, these can be washed, but once it's dry it's ok. The alcohol base may...
  15. M

Frontline- Cats

Is is Frontline Spot on or Frontline Combo spot on as the products have a different chemical composition? ( Frontline only is Fipronil based and Combo is Fipronil plus methoprene ). Either way, both are ok when dry.:)
Back