• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by ljlstevens

1. ljlstevens

Duo bullying

Good morning everyone, I'm seeking advice on what to do in my current predicament. I have two bunnies who live together in a big hutch and run. One is 8-9 years old, the other around 2-3years old. Both are rescues who I bonded together. The older of the two had some temporary health issues...
  2. ljlstevens

What do I do? :(

Sorry guys I realised I missed out a few details in the above post :/ I rent a one bed house and pets aren't allowed indoors. I also have limited outdoor space. I'd have them outside in separate pens but the space is limited. Equally, I'm very conscious of them going up to each others enclosure...
  3. ljlstevens

What do I do? :(

So as I've mentioned previously, I have a Neatherland on palliative care who lives with 3 other bunnies. The alpha female started to exile her from the group, then the rest started to. Now I know this is typical behaviour of grouped animals when a member of the 'pack' is weakened in some way...
  4. ljlstevens

Growth update - graphic images!!

It really could have been anything, she does live with 3 other bunnies and with the season change, the hormone change and pecking order may have been to blame in causing a squabble during the night, who knows! The abscess has clearer up well and hasn't returned, however I'm still cleaning with...
  5. ljlstevens

She doesn't seem bothered by it and doesn't get irritated by the abscess from what I've noticed, but, it may explain the fur loss (or maybe a contribution to fur loss) ... And it may be why it ruptured today. Either way care has now changed slightly due to this. The skin is quite loose there now...
  6. ljlstevens

It was vile smelling [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] It almost sticky in consistency so it kept catching on her fur and not washing away properly, so it got in my nails and everything. After I massaged the worst of it out and flushed it, I put her away and washed the shower down with hot...
  7. ljlstevens

Thank you, that's very sweet... Check out my update as my positivity is being tested today [emoji23] Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
  8. ljlstevens

This is how she looked this morning :( Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
  9. ljlstevens

Well, the abscess burst today so the antibiotics which were due to finish today will continue for another week. Saline fluid and medical grade manuka honey dressings etc are all being sorted today. Poor poor was covered in pus. Had to comb out the worst of it and shower the area to clean most...
  10. ljlstevens

Metronidazole, Baytril and Metacam

It's hard to selective feed her due to the other 3 bunnies she lives with. So while I'd rather let her eat it off of food, I'm more concerned that she might not get to have the medicine at all and the others eat it! Separating her temporarily during feeds would put her in a mood and off her...
  11. ljlstevens

It's really frustrating and upsetting, more so since the fur in that area has come out. But so long as she is happy, healthy and comfortable, I don't have much to complain about. Her welfare is most important :) Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
  12. ljlstevens

I know, not a nice situation for her. But she's got a good quality of life ahead of her despite the issues and the fees involved! Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
  13. ljlstevens

Yes unfortunately the mass is an abscess. Teeth related issues have been ruled out with x-rays thankfully. They can operate, but she has other medical conditions, a ruptured tear duct which always goes bad during stress, and she'd be left with an open hole in her cheek that would need flushing...
  14. ljlstevens

Metronidazole, Baytril and Metacam

I started to use organic baby fruit smoothy which seems to be "accepted" but not overy enjoyed bless her. I think it's more the fact I'm picking her up that she doesn't like :( Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
  15. ljlstevens

So as some of you may be aware, my oldest bunny Blossom is on palliative care for the growth on her face. Due to her age/medical conditions we have opted not to operate until absolutely necessary. My bunny savy vet has put her on two lots of antibiotics for two weeks, and a high dose of...
Back