• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Leximo

1. L

Poor rabbit welfare at the Great Yorkshire Show

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've already contacted the Great Yorkshire Show and I'll look into contacting the other organisations you mentioned. Unfortunately there were problems with animal welfare across the entire show but I think the rabbits had the worst of it, because, of course...
  2. L

Poor rabbit welfare at the Great Yorkshire Show

Just came back from the Great Yorkshire Show. I know I should have stopped myself going into the rabbit shed but couldn't help it. It must have been at least 30 degrees in the room - no ventilation whatsoever. Rabbits in 1ft x 1ft cages, music blaring, etc. A few lucky buns had a small fan to...
  3. L

Ear mites

I'm pretty sure Buddy has ear mites :( I noticed today that he has a thinning patch of hair near the base of his ear along with some flaky skin. In one of his ears you can just about see some brown scaly skin (I know not to pick it off). The vet is closed now but I'm going to get him an...
  4. L

Available Rescue: Jingle lionhead female Manchester

I've fallen in love :love: I've sent an email now about this lovely girl!
  5. L

Frozen water bowls!!

Hot water actually freezes/cools down faster than cold or room temperature water (the "Mpemba effect"), so I believe that putting warm water in the bowls could actually freeze faster. ;) I've encountered this problem too, so I've had to use a water bottle instead and I bought an insulating...
  6. L

Let Petshops Know What You Think!

Thanks for this. I used the rabbit and guinea pig part for my complaint letter to Pets At Home - today there was a rabbit and a guinea pig together in the ADOPTION section. :roll: Apparently they were "best of friends", therefore must be re homed together... it made me so angry, especially since...
  7. L

Shocked *UPSETTING*

RIP little bunnies, binky free :cry:
  8. L

Where do you buy your Hay?

I buy my hay in bags from Paws for Thought in Leeds - it's cheap and Buddy loves it :D
  9. L

Weed identification help

Could someone identify these weeds and tell me if they are bunny safe? Thanks :wave: 1. 2. 3. 4. Is this one trefoil? Probably not, I'm hopeless at identifying weeds :oops:
  10. L

A few pictures of Buddy

I love my beautiful boy :love: Investigating the table...
  11. L

Buddy is on Disapproving Rabbits!

I sent mine as a photo attachment, however I don't think it matters what format the photo is in since it doesn't specify here: http://www.birdchick.com/rabbitsubmit.html :)
  12. L

They come up with the slogans for the pictures :)
  13. L

http://www.disapprovingrabbits.com/ :lol::love:
  14. L

Buddy's new bed

What is dis mummeh? Fluffy! :love: Soo cosy! :D
Back