• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Klurr

1. K

Urgent help needed RE bonding

:( My two buns have been seperated for weeks now. One bun (Izzy) seems to pick up a skin illness every few months and it's usually managable. Everytime she gets it, she seems to get irritated and starts fighting with my other bun. This has been going on for over a month now and despite all my...
  2. K

This is why I love summer!

Sunbathing bunnies :love:
  3. K

what does this mean??

One of my buns does that to me when she's had enough of me :lol: She loves attention and fuss for a while but when she gets fed up she tried to throw me away. She doesn't bite down, just places her teeth on me and attempts to chuck me :love: It's like being tickled!
  4. K

do female rabbits mount

Definitely need a vet to check. Glad you have an appointment! In the meantime keep an eye on them incase you do have a boy - girlbun will almost certainly end up pregnant else! If they're both girls though then humping is just dominance. Despite my buns being together almost two years...
  5. K

Can someone help me

This site might be useful for you - http://language.rabbitspeak.com/ It helps you understand rabbits behaviour and what their body language means :wave: And yes, definitely patience. It's going to take a lot of sitting and talking to your bun for her to begin to trust. As for the aggression...
  6. K

2 females or 2 males?

As been said, a vet is really the best person to check their sex. As for head humping, it's just a sign of dominance. My dominant bunny still on occasion humps the others head. It's not nice to watch as bun on the recieving end hates it, but it's normal. If they're both girls I'd still...
  7. K

Hormonal unspayed female

If they've been separated for a while it may be trying to establish who is dominant. If it's just chasing and humping I would leave them to it, obviously just monitor them from a distance. If it gets to fighting/biting that's when I'd seperate. They may just need time to settle back down
  8. K

Really bad chewing, what can I do!?

One of my buns is terrible for chewing. She's almost completely chewed the back of one chair and there are holes all over the £2000 leather settee! We also used a chew stopper spray for a while but it does need reapplying quite often. We've blocked off the points she usually gets to to chew the...
  9. K

Re-bonding with my bun?

She's being awkward and confusing me! :lol: Gave her her antibiotic this morning which she hated, but whilst trying to do it I was calming her down and I (now) know two "sweets spots" on her where she will grind her teeth for me. She was doing that for quite a while, then we had some kisses...
  10. K

Re-bonding with my bun?

She has a girlfriend :love: They're completely inseperable. Bunbun is very confident and nosey which is why I was hoping Izzy would follow what she does, she usually does anyway! But whenever I sit down for some bunny bonding time Izzy always runs off to hide. I end up sitting on the floor...
  11. K

Re-bonding with my bun?

Hello! Lately my gorgeous Izzy has come to, well, hate me. I know what's done it, it's all the trips to the vets, the injections, the cleaning up her bum, and now syringing antibiotics. Whenever I go in the room she seems to panic and hides :( For the next few days at least I'm stuck trying to...
  12. K

Do any of you have rabbits that are bowl flippers?

Yup, my Izzy has a habit of doing that :lol: She also likes to knock the hay rack off her hutch when it's empty!
  13. K

what colour was (is)

BunBun is a harlequin dwarf lop, at least i think she's a dwarf, she's quite big though! Izzy is a "chocolate otter" mini lop. Chocolate otter just sounds bizarre :lol: She's mostly blue/grey/silver (depending on the light) with some bits of brown. Although since having a skin issue some of her...
  14. K

Can cats hurt or kill rabbits???

[/B] Is that the cat or the owners??? Both! :lol: I hate people who buy animals then never have them in the house. The evil thing was on the garden yesterday watching my buns so I had to chase it off. My cats would have done it for me but of course they were too busy kipping in the window!
  15. K

Julie is nuts. Please share your bunny's odd behavior.

:lol: fantastic stories! My two have a habit of being naughty when you've left the room. I'll go to get a drink or something and as soon as I close the door they enter naughty mode, when I go back in they're both sat on top of the settee, it's not until I say "what you doing naughty buns" that...
Back