• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by KathyM

1. K

FAO people with sheds

Thanks TeresaBun - that's really useful and helpful info! I did wonder what to place it on, as the garden is nearly all grass, so we'd have to lay a solid floor.
  2. K

FAO people with sheds

Morning chaps! Thanks for all your posts and inspiration, I'm really excited about getting started now! No, no new name for Peta as yet, but it has to change as 1. we have had a Peter in the past, and 2. it reminds me of PETA, who I'm not a fan of lol. Anyhoo, we'll think of something. We...
  3. K

FAO people with sheds

Hiya you! Lovely to see you again! Looking forward to hearing loads more about Jack and your plans! :wave:
  4. K

FAO people with sheds

Thanks very much - am going to weigh that up against the other options. Have seen a suitable sized shed as a starter project for a lot cheaper but that would be without the run, so have to factor in that cost. I also have to think of a name for Digby's new girlfriend tonight....
  5. K

FAO people with sheds

Thanks w1lll - yours is fab too. So much inspiration, thank you!! While I'm here - what do people think of this? Would that be suitable for buns? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270541289253&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en
  6. K

FAO people with sheds

Hi Helen Thanks ever so much - yours is lovely! I think a bigger version for these two might be just the thing. I've been looking on ebay at the dog run equivalents, and to be honest although the aviary style runs on them are appealing, I don't think the "indoor" area is big enough on them (a...
  7. K

FAO people with sheds

Thanks that would be great - I can always scale up your ideas! :D
  8. K

FAO people with sheds

OK, just further to the above while I think on.... 1. Do people insulate the sheds? If so what with safety wise? 2. Does anyone know of a maker of similar sized alternatives on a similar (well under £500) budget? Eg. dog runs/kennels, aviaries with sheds attached, etc.
  9. K

FAO people with sheds

Hi :) LTNS. We recently added a french lop called Digby to our family, and on reading into things decided to adopt a girlfriend for him from a local rescue. Once we have had them both neutered and introduced we are hoping to house them together in a shed with attached run, but haven't bought...
  10. K

Any rescues in Kent/S E London?

Sorry, it seems the thread I linked to had been resurrected from beyond the grave, and these are no longer available :( Sorry.
  11. K

Any rescues in Kent/S E London?

http://bugnation.myfreeforum.org/sutra10867.php#10867 Would this help any of you?
  12. K

We have giant rabbits come in 0.O *update*

We can hope as much as we like, but they do do it. Even when indirectly (eg. their untrained staff sexing them), they do do it. They regularly keep animals of opposite sex together. cute_fuzzies - I see your point, but I'm not letting PAH off that easy. They have vets that work with them and...
  13. K

cute-fuzzies: Thanks for your reply. However, it wasn't "some random member of the public" that sent letters and campaigned, it was several knowledgeable rat owners and breeders. PAH actually accepted their advice, but didn't implement it in all stores. It's been very hit and miss, obviously...
  14. K

If only I was nearer *lol*. It's a shame that PAH don't lead the revolution into stopping the sale of live animals in petshops. Not one of their hutches is suitable for these rabbits :( The rabbits probably originate from mass breeders, much like their other animals - inbred and no health...
  15. K

ANGEL OLD ENGLISH PASSED TO THE BRIDGE

I'm so so sorry :( All I can say is that you have done everything you could and she's free now. This has definitely changed my mind (again) on getting Lola spayed.
Back