• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Jupiter

1. J

Goodbye Lola

Poor Lola had to be PTS today. I hope she is reunited with her husbun Charlie at Rainbow Bridge. Difficult decision for us to make but I feel it was the right one as I didn't want her to suffer any more than she already had. She was a rescue bunny when she came to us and I think she had had...
  2. J

Lola Poorly!

Lost her Thank you everyone but sadly today had to have Lola PTS. She appeared to have lost the use of her back end, couldn't move about her hutch to get to her food etc and was just toileting where she was, think she might have had some kind of stroke. My poor love and as upset as I am I do...
  3. J

Lola Poorly!

I think this particular vet is rubbish - unfortunately, the other two, who are pretty good were not available. I have to take her back on Monday so hopefully one of the other ones will be there! I feel so bad like I should be able to do more for her. Rabbits get such a raw deal. x
  4. J

Lola Poorly!

Thank you - I have to say, the vet didn't really instil confidence in me. He said that although blood tests could be done on rabbits, nothing really much could be done for them???? Not like, say a cat or a dog which you could treat easily? I have no doubt that she may be quite old for a...
  5. J

Lola Poorly!

Poor Lola was a rescue bunny 3/4 years ago so not sure how old she is but she's really not well now. She's lost loads of weight in the last few weeks although still eating like an elephant! She has lost a lot of fur around her nose area, which I thought was mites so have been treating it as...
  6. J

Feeling Guilty

Well, she went out Sunday night and she is as happy as Larry!! In fact, she does actually seem happier in a smaller environment - She was a rescue bunny and I think she actually feels a bit more secure in a smaller place - whereas Charlie (her partner who had to be pts) was a house bunny...
  7. J

Feeling Guilty

I don't think her hutch will be big enough for two to be honest. Her 'run' should be arriving shortly though. She is rather an unsociable bunnny!! LOL
  8. J

Feeling Guilty

That's all so reassuring. Am hoping that she will settles down quickly - am trying to make it as comfy as possible for her - thanks for replies X
  9. J

Feeling Guilty

Feeling very guilty that my house bunny is going outside this week - anyone else done this?
  10. J

Lola grieving still?

Lost my lovely Charlie few months ago, since then Lola (who has never been particularly friendly with us) has been quite withdrawn. Never comes out of her room (indoor bunny) and has started pulling her fur out on her back. She has plenty of toys etc. and I do change them round to give her a...
  11. J

Charlie

Havent been able to come on here til today and even now its difficult. My lovely Charlie. We bought him from PaH as a baby, didnt realise at the time he had snuffles but he was the most perfect bun. He has taught me so much over the last 3 and half years. He has been plagued with snuffle...
  12. J

Charlie ill again :(

He's gone, I can't believe it, my head knows it was kindest and for the best but my heart is breaking, I couldnt bring him home just couldn't do it but I held him until he went. Thanks for all your help and thoughts with Charlie I really do appreciate it. X
  13. J

Off to vets now - no marked change - I don't think I will be coming back with him. Am so upset, not just for him but for Lola too - what can I do to make this less traumatic on her?
  14. J

Took Charlie back today, he had some penicillin and more anti b's plus I have more to give him over Sat and Sun but if no improvement by Monday he will have to be PTS :( Got upset in vets just at that so heaven knows what monday will have in store.
  15. J

Tear duct flushing

I paid about £70 for this done but he had anti biotics injected into is tear duct too so that might have upped the price X
Back