• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by julie s

1. J

keeping buns cool

hi ,i am sure we are all having the same concerns at the moment ! i have given mine frozen bottles of water( to lay beside ) which they have totally ignored . :roll: They normally have just a water bottle to drink from , but as its so warm i put an extra bowl of water in their run , i...
  2. J

can anyone reccomend a charity where i can buy a gift and donate as well .

hi , thank you both , i will have a look .
  3. J

can anyone reccomend a charity where i can buy a gift and donate as well .

My daughter is in reception , she is a very shy / nervous girl , one particular teaching assistant has really taken her under her wing so i would like to but her a special gift for the end of the school year . My daughter always sits with her when we go in in the mornings so naturally we chat ...
  4. J

bun doesnt like to go up at night

hi :wave: my buns get locked up for the night around 9 pm at the moment , my OH will go out and put a very small amount of their pellets in their hutch . they were thumping for them at 8.45 this evening impatient little tinkers lol . could you use a favourite food to tempt yours ? sorry...
  5. J

Brambles - how to feed ?

they loved the fresh leaves i gave them :D have left the rest to dry and will give them a little piece each day . they are allowed to free range when i am at home so i tend to leave forage laying around the garden to find themselves :oops: I am sadly over 30 but i was taught cms at school but i...
  6. J

Brambles - how to feed ?

thank you , are they ok with the prickles on ? i think i will pop a couple of fresh leaves in their run and put the rest in the greenhouse to dry with the nettles . just wanted to check before i give them any as plenty more where they came from if they enjoy them . Off to have a look around...
  7. J

Brambles - how to feed ?

hi i have some brambles i have just cut down from my mums garden , how do i feed them to the buns ? sounds a daft question , but do they just have the whole thing or just the leaves ? do i need to dry them first ? I have been drying nettles for them which they have really enjoyed so i thought...
  8. J

nasturtiums

what and deprive my poor bunnies ?:D:lol: I have gone mad growing lots of yummy things - none for the humans of the household :lol:
  9. J

nasturtiums

hi ty for replies , by the sounds of things they will enjoy the whole plant then :D
  10. J

nasturtiums

hi , when the buns have nasturiums to eat is it just the flowers they eat , or the whole plant leaves stems etc ? i have some planted alongside parsley and basil on my windowsill . I bought the seeds from lidl for 39p a packet for anyone who likes to grow their own , bargain compared to what...
  11. J

Norwich Peeps- clearing bramble, anyone want some for bunnies?

:wave: I am sure my bunnies would enjoy some if you have any left ? thank you .
  12. J

possible nesting ?

hi thank you for your reply , yes i have two sisters together . 99.9 % they are sisters and not a brother and sister . everywhere i looked online said they normally pluck fur from shoulders or their tummy in a phantom pregnancy , which is why i wondered if it was something else such as stress or...
  13. J

possible nesting ?

hi , One of my rabbits has been pulling fur from her back , sort of down her spine area . they have a double hutch with a run attached and are free ranged twice a day - the amount of time getting shorter at the moment , they get excited being allowed in the garden , and as soon as they are out...
  14. J

what 'toys' do your rabbits play with ?

cardboard is about the only thing i have found they like - if they digest too much will it harm them ?
  15. J

what 'toys' do your rabbits play with ?

fab thank you , something different for them :thumb: will dig out the baby blankets i have put away , and try them , one of our buns quickly got renamed to digger so she may well enjoy it .
Back