• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Jonny

1. J

New partner advice

Thanks everyone. I have been in touch with Jill from Honeybunnies rescue in Leicester, so hopefully we will take Coco down soon to see if we can match her up. A couple of single boys might be best.
  2. J

Max - 22 November 2017

Thank you everyone for your support - it means a lot.
  3. J

New partner advice

Hi, Some adoption / bonding advice needed! Having lost my lovely buck this morning, we would like to move quickly to get a new bond for his other half as they were very close. Our remaining doe is an older bun - around 7. A family friend has offered us her little fella, who is less than a...
  4. J

Max - 22 November 2017

I just wanted to write a farewell post to my little REW, Max, who passed this morning under anaesthetic. He came to us as a rescue bun 6 years ago. He was bold, cheeky but also very soft-natured and friendly. He had a very fine coat and was troubled with furballs and stasis now and again over...
  5. J

Broken Bond :(

No worries - I wouldn't have done the car run if I had seen the other posts. It's just I had heard of people doing it to restore broken bonds. Still, it all seems to have settled down really well this afternoon and now they are flopped out side by side :)
  6. J

It wasn't a case of ignoring any advice - I only saw the post advising against the car this morning after I had returned. When I last checked the thread yesterday evening, there was only one response, and that person did suggest the car room. Anyway, they both are much more settled now - eating...
  7. J

Thanks to everyone who offered advice. They were fully bonded for around a fortnight, but the two nights at the vet seemed to undo that! I did try a car journey this morning. Things seemed a bit better after that - the chasing has stopped and there seems to be a degree of toleration. I've got...
  8. J

Two weeks ago I had a newly bonded pair of buns after we fixed Max up with a rescue bun. All was going well until Friday, when Max became unwell and went into stasis. He spent two nights at the vet, and made a good recovery. This afternoon he was discharged, but once I released him into the pen...
  9. J

Bonding service needed - East Midlands

Another request for a bonding service! Unfortunately my boy has recently lost his second wife - so I am on the look out for a new girl for him. There are a few rescues local to me, but none of them offer bonding. I am reluctant to try it myself because I don't really have neutral territory...
  10. J

Bunnies stopped eating veg

Thanks to everyone for getting in touch. Maybe it is just the time of year / cold weather but they definitely aren't attacking the greens they way these used to! But eating pellets and hay and pooping normally, so I guess I'll just let them be. Might toss in a few herbs, they adore coriander!
  11. J

Bunnies stopped eating veg

Hello all Not sure why - but both my bunnies seem to have taken a decision to stop eating veg. They are still eating pellets and hay and seem happy enough otherwise, but they always enjoyed collard greens and cauliflower but these last few weeks they seem to have gone off them. Any ideas? Will...
  12. J

Litter Disposal

I am in a bit of a quandary deciding what to do with wasted hay and contents of the buns' litter trays. We used to put them in our green garden bin, but we received a notice from the council that they class this as animal waste, and therefore they will not accept it in future. The local tip also...
  13. J

telling your vet their job?

A good bunny-savvy vet is like golddust. My own vet (Yvette Rowntree at Ambivet in Ripley) is super-knowledgeable and highly recommended to anyone in Derbys / Notts area.
  14. J

Myxo/VHD Vacs!

£42 in Derbyshire.
  15. J

Just got my insurance sorted...

I've had all my buns insured with PetsatHome, and they have paid out around £1.5k in the past year (my buns had a very hard time of it). I have had no problems whatsoever with them.
Back