• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by joannem

1. J

more questions about rescue rabbits sorry

Just had some bad experiences with them, not responding to creulty complaints and refusing to take animals in need so I tend to stay away from them.
  2. J

The only one listed for cumbria no longer takes rabbits and out of the lancashire ones there either the rspca (i won't rehome from them) animal care (where ivy is) and the other doesn't rehome to barrow. I'm happy with animal care and don't mind waiting. It's such a shame the rabbit in the pen...
  3. J

Cumbria, travel not a issue tho for the right rabbit/rabbits
  4. J

I didn't think I had a preference for breed but I must do as all three of them are French lops. They just don't have the time or the space to bond them, its one woman looking after all the rabbits (very well though). She lives next to another rabbit and the lady said they always snuggle up...
  5. J

Thank makes sense. We have had rabbits before and have bonded rabbits before but i think bonding wise we were extreamly lucky. Only one of previous rabbits we had sinse a baby, the other two were 8mths and 18mths when we got them. Maybe what I'm best doing is waiting for a older, bonded pair.
  6. J

The three year old is with a reputable rescue and will be spayed before collection. I did explain my circumstances to the rescue dogs/cats etc and they pointed me towards there most calm and confident bunnies they thought would do best. Teenage months don't sound fun! The two litter brothers...
  7. J

Sorry another q but could someone also help with the pro/cons of bringing home a 3yr old rabbit compared to a 9week old rabbit. Things like behaviour, bonding with other animals etc,,,,
  8. J

Hi, A lot if you helped me on my previous post about housing, thank you so much. We now feel we have two options that would work for us and the rabbits. We can do a large cage with pen attatched if were out and free range time if were in or depending on the rabbit no run and run of the kitchen...
  9. J

Thinking of taking on a rescue rabbit

dogs dont go upstairs but im not sure about being able to rabbit proof a bedroom, or being completley honest if i want to (please dont hate me for that) will have to have a think about that.
  10. J

thanks again for all the advice. I think it has to be a much bigger cage/pen etc,,, or small cage as a base thats never closed with run of kitchen so both those things are something i have to think about. Again the friend issue is something i will have to consider, i think shes a cross as i went...
  11. J

it was them that said the 36in crate would be ok for her thanks everyone for all the advice so far, lots to think about
  12. J

Thats what worries me, i dont think i could keep two bunnies seperate and have enough space/time for them both. I have a empty credit card i use for the pets, i have to pay the dog fees upfront and claim back on insurance so the smae would apply for rabbits.
  13. J

Its animal care in lancaster. shes utterly adorable and hopped around the pen following me around and came up for a head rub when i opened the door :love: Unfortunatley they just dont have time to do the bonding for me. I have been looking around the forum and noticed the puppy pens people have...
  14. J

Hi all, Me and my OH had outdoor rabbits a few years ago (now all at the bridge) and have been thinking recently about getting a house rabbit. I was thinking a medium breed and went to look around a rescue at the weekend and fell for one of the rabbits there, a 3yr old spayed french lop. Shes on...
Back