• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Jo93

1. Jo93

Who to bond with a neutered male?

Ok, thanks for the tip! Any recommendations of shelters/adoption centres in the Surrey/South London area??
  2. Jo93

Who to bond with a neutered male?

Hiya, My boyfriend and I are looking to adopt a second rabbit to bond with Twix, who is our neutered 1 year old male. Would it be best to adopt a male or female rabbit? And young (i.e un-neutered) or an older neutered rabbit? Thanks in advance! Jo
  3. Jo93

Not eating hay or drinking, teeth grinding and white discharge in mouth

Hello all, Haven't posted on here for a while, but I could really do with some support and good vibes for Twix as he is not very well at the moment... We noticed for the past couple of days he hasn't been touching his hay (normally he can't get enough) and also hasn't been drinking. As well...
  4. Jo93

Meet Starbuck and costa, what age do vaccinate and change of food.

Hi :wave: Rabbits as young as 7 weeks should be given a diet of hay and a small amount of pellets. The pellets for "junior" rabbits have a higher percentage of fat which helps to promote growth (I believe). You can start introducing fresh greens/forage at about 12 weeks. But yes you're right -...
  5. Jo93

What to look out for when boarding?

Hi all, Thanks for all your responses, one of my work colleagues has kindly agreed to have Twix for the week. She has a rabbit of her own so I'm more than confident she will be able to look after him. Obviously without putting the two together. I think I've learnt my lesson that next time I...
  6. Jo93

What to look out for when boarding?

Wasn't sure where best to post this but here goes! I'm having to look into putting Twix into a boarding/hotel whilst we go on holiday in August as none of our friends or family are available to look after him. Obviously I'm very skeptical about letting Twix stay with someone I don't know and...
  7. Jo93

Pre and post neuter care?

Funny you should say that as I've just finished having a big clean of his room!! And put new toys in and some basil (his favourite) for when he's home :) hopefully he'll appreciate it ha
  8. Jo93

Thank you all! He's currently munching on a big pile of hay and we'll be off to the vets soon :/
  9. Jo93

I'm sure this question has been asked LOTS of times!! So for that I'm sorry... So Twix is booked in to be neutered tomorrow morning and I'm due to then collect him in the afternoon. What tips do you have for things I should do pre and post neuter? And what would be considered "normal" for his...
  10. Jo93

Will neutering stop his destructive behaviour?

As above - haven't considered a second bun, only because of the costs really. Although if he continues to be destructive after the op maybe it's something I should really consider.
  11. Jo93

It makes me sad to think that he's bored :( He has so many toys and I spend ATLEAST an hour with him everyday trying to interact.... if not longer. I suppose I have always wondered how to best "play" with him? He is by himself... I haven't considered a second bunny yet because I don't know...
  12. Jo93

Twix is due to be neutered tomorrow which although I'm anxious about, I'm also quite hopeful that it will help with his destructive behaviour. Recently he has been an absolute nightmare. He is an indoor bunny and doesn't have a cage at all, he is completely free roam, so I don't believe there's...
  13. Jo93

When do I neuter?

I use the vets that are based in pets at home - I trust they are fairly savvy as I think if lot of customers who buy their buns in there will probably use them? P.s I managed to get a look at his balls, and boy are they big!! :lol: He's definitely ready to have it done but I'm going to wait...
  14. Jo93

Sneezing and wheezing

I've noticed tonight for the first time, Twix has started making wheezing/sniffing sounds when he breathes...its hard to explain but sort of like the sound of what a sniffer dog would make?! He's also been sneezing a few more times than normal. Is this anything to be worried about? There...
  15. Jo93

When do I neuter?

Thank you MightyMax, those were some graphic! :shock: but informative pictures!!, I'm going to try and get him to stay still for a bit and have a little look in the morning :) I think he probably is ready to be neutered but I might wait until after holidays anyway, so I can really keep an eye...
Back