• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Jesssy

1. J

Do You Think it is Worth Asking ?

I have trade accounts with various places (including Burns) cos i am in the pet trade. Being the most unbusiness like buisness person i'm hapy to pass on the savings so long as i don;t make a loss (can't afford to do that!) So anyone who wants to get in touch i can see what i can do :) Jessy
  2. J

2 lots of 5x2x2 triple hutches free to rescue

Hi Its IP4 area of Ipswich. Jessy
  3. J

2 lots of 5x2x2 triple hutches free to rescue

Hi Not sure if i'm putting this in the right place. I have 2 sets of 5x2x2 triple hutches. They are too good to break up but do need a bit of TLC. (one hutch in each set at least needs work to doors, could do with painting) I'm happy to give them free to a rescue if they could use them. Need...
  4. J

Concerned about the babies... U/D Pg18 Post 174 - bloated again

In that case (now runny poo) no califig for now, Lots of hay if baby will eat it, fibreplex 3 times a day (like the intructions on the tube) In my opinion better out than in, i'd rather have runny poo than no poo at all. HTH Jessy
  5. J

Concerned about the babies... U/D Pg18 Post 174 - bloated again

I'd suggest califig (syrup of figs) to help get him going easier. I have used this with success before and my vet knows i have. HTH Jessy
  6. J

What breed is she??

I'd say Frenchie, or frenchie cross. definately not a cashmere as not long haired. Jessy
  7. J

Feeding "Just Grass"?

Hi I have used Just Grass before and they did like it, it is thinner and sharper than readigrass as its like 2" long and made of the thin type of grass (this is quite hard to describe!) so it is sort of a bit spiky. I think they like the ready grass more, have you asked the shop if they could...
  8. J

Should I get a rabbit with pasteurella?

My vet (good bunny vet) told me that the majority of rabbits would test positive for pasturella if swabbed anyway as it sits dormant and show signs when the rabbit is stressed or under the weather for whatever reason (it can be a very little trigger in some rabs and need to be a lot more in...
  9. J

EMERGENCY: 1 hour old baby rabbits, NO MOTHER!

Hi The best chance for the would be to try and find a foster mum who's nest you could put them into as whiclst ahnd rearing from that age is possible it is very difficult and emotionally hard. If you want to go down the hand rearing route, milk wise either full fat goats milk, lactol or cimicat...
  10. J

any colour experts?

It sounds like they are in fact frosty points, there are only 2 breeders of BEW Frenchies in the uk (both working from imported lines) Frosties are sometimes known as mock blue eyed whites cos that can look very like blue eyed white. As i'm guessing you are getting a beloved pet it doesn't...
  11. J

Breed Question

These are the breed standard weights for the lop breeds (i do like the tiny lop giant lop big eared lop idea though!) Mini lop ideal 3lb4oz, max 3lb8oz Dwarf Lop ideal 4lb8oz. min 4lb4oz, max 5lb4oz German Lop Min 6lb8oz, max 8lb8oz French Lop min 10lbs Hope that helps jessy
  12. J

Vhd Warning

probably because vaccinating is not the law:roll:
  13. J

Suffolk Show, frustrated and angry!!

I was there too, I have expressed my concern about the hutches in the past and to be honest it was me that insisited on the sign, as that was better than not putting anything on it. The sign did also state that they would need access to a run. There also was information available from...
  14. J

Poor Frankie Died. But...

I think this is a bit off as not all breeders rabbits lack genetic diveristy, maybe rather say some not so good breeders have this problem as do some pet shop babies as some places will buy from anyone, often including babies born from brother and sister pairings etc. I think the question that...
  15. J

How/Where can I buy metacam, SC Fluids etc..

http://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/products.asp?cID=39&aID=9&sort=&sc=&start=2&mode= Hopefully thats the link i forgot to put in! I haven't seen the sets anywhere for sale although i can see why it could be useful! Hopefully that will sort the fluids for you anyway:) Jessy
Back